Nexus S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadfreak, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Would I be stupid to switch from a iP4 to the Nexus S? Has anyone owned one? Also, is iOS 5 beta stable enough for everyday use?

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Definitely stupid. The only phone I would even consider switching to is the Samsung Galaxy S2.

3. Espionage32 macrumors regular

the only phone that you should consider in my opinion is SGS2!

4. ipadfreak thread starter macrumors regular

5. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Not this second. But soon. Possibly september?

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

I've read the SGS II is coming out in the month of August. I am not a big fan of Samsung, but I admit I really do like that phone. There is a reason it is the best-selling Android phone and sold 5M in 85 days.

I know some people don't like plastic because it sounds "cheap" and it feels light which makes it seem as heavy as a toy. But polymer plastic can be strong and helps with better reception. Doesn't have the shielding effect like metal.

If you are a fan of RAW POWER and fast web browsing. get the SGSII instead. I say it can hold its own vs the iPhone 5 in specs. And if the iPhone 5 does come out swinging, the Nexus Prime at quad core could be looming. And HTC Vigor is already coming out with a 720p display resolution and run at 1.5GHz dual core. But SGSII is future-proof for a couple years at least.

Stupid to get last year's model. If you want to save money, forget the S and get a Nexus One for $260 at Amazon. The difference between N1 and NS is incremental. The N1 has better build quality and design at least. Not a fingerprint magnet on the back either.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You could probably grab one unlocked on the web.

8. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

The nexus s has some great specs, but the body feels cheap. Very cheap.

9. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Ditto. I'm 100% sure I'll get the iPhone 5 but if I were to even consider an Android phone it would be the SG2. As others have said they expect it to be released around the same time or before the iPhone 5.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've heard rumors that the GS 2 may come on T-Mobile or even Sprint. :eek:
    Its not stupid to get the Nexus S if you want to try something new. The stock Android Ui is very worth it. You might want to check if that phone works on AT&T 3G.

11. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I have the Vibrant, the T-mobile version of the Nexus S, but I have rooted my phone to run a ROM that has most of the features/appearance of the Nexus S.

Like others have said, it would be a bad idea to pay money for a Nexus S when the Galaxy S II is due out in about a month.

Is the Nexus S better or worse than an iPhone4? Depends on what you want in a smartphone.

The iPhone4 has way better battery life and better screen resolution. The Nexus S has way more features, more customization and works better as a phone.