Nice iPhone X Demo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FriantAustinC, Sep 17, 2017.

1. FriantAustinC macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Not sure if this demo was posted, but it has me more excited about getting this device than I previously was.. even with the notch at the top. I think the we will eventually embrace that notch going forward, because other than that, this phone has a lot going for it. In a future release, maybe Apple will do something about that notch. But the other features of this phone, I have waited to long for to pass up. If we complain enough about the notch, I think Apple will listen. Check out the demo if you havent seen it. Hopefully this YouTube link im pasting will work. Thoughts?

2. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Yeah caught that one yesterday. One of the better hands-on videos out of the many I've seen.

3. Damon2 macrumors regular

is there a higher quality video?

Whats the original source?

4. Nozuka macrumors 68020

5. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Im not sure, I just found it while browsing YouTube. If you go to YouTube and type "iPhone X Hands On Review Demo Edge To Edge Display" it will probably pop up.

6. scotio200 macrumors regular

I like the fact he says its super grippy, making me consider not getting a case for the X

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Not sure who that guy is but that’s probably the best hands-on of the iPhone X I’ve seen thus far.

Most of the other vids were way too controlled by Apple staffers.

8. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Oh there you go. Although YouTube had a higher quality video.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    I dont know... that stainless steel around the edges looks like it could scratch easily. I would love to have this phone caseless though.

9. Nozuka macrumors 68020

didn't watch it, but youtube says 720p and the link says 1080p.. but the encoding might be worse

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Pretty good video although he didn't bother to go into video display and talk about the notch.

11. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Yeah encodings usually are worse. Need to go to YouTube for better quality.

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

There is no doubt in my mind, that the phone will scratch easily.

13. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

You are right, and I think thats what were all waiting to really see. I want to see exactly how landscape mode looks for videos, games, etc., and a lot of demos seem to be skipping it.

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

At the 2:28 mark, you can see how some movies will look with the notch.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    I haven't seen a video yet, that shows how screenshot will be accomplished with the new phone. I use that feature a lot.

15. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

That video looked good, but I wonder if it will do that for all videos such as youtube videos as well.

16. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Try this one @ 1:56 & 2:17.

It looks like 2 different aspect ratios are shown, with the 2:17 example slightly larger than the one at 1:56.

If anyone can explain the reason behind this, it'd be appreciated. I'm thinking movies are shot in more than one aspect ratio & that's what we're seeing here?

17. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

18. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

it will scratch as easy as the stainless Apple Watch any polished stainless steel watch. Good thing that color stainless is easily polished.

19. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

It’s a cool looking phone but the release date just didn’t work out for me. Looking forward to getting next years model (providing it comes out in September).

20. TruBleu macrumors regular

It would have been nicer if at least one of these guys had demo'ed unlocking the phone with face id with the phone lying flat on the desk. Apple's promo image showing the lady by the pool, looking at the phone, apparently unlocking it, leads me to believe it would work fine. But I'd get much more confidence if someone had shown in working. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for the review units to go out!

21. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

The Face ID in that video is really fast!

22. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

23. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I liked how he presented the phone. Though I kept staring at the bezels wondering how thick they are...

What I didn't like most was how long it took for the lady to stare at the phone and then swipe up. The amount of time for her to stare at the phone and swipe up was much longer than Touch ID even on an iPhone 6. (I have a feeling the lady was probably a little nervous if it failed on recognizing her face... she kept smiling at the phone every time she was asked to unlock the phone with Face ID, which makes me wonder if she registered her face "with a smile" when she set up Face ID)

The way he talked about the wireless charging and highlighted the glass back was very interesting. The possibility of cleaning the phone with Windex seems enticing :D

24. brian3uk macrumors 6502

Screenshot will be side/power button and the volume button. Which is also how you disable FaceID, so Apple is looking into how to fix that, otherwise every time you try to disable FaceID you'll get a screenshot.

25. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Seeing hands on videos like this is really what sold me on the X. Somehow seeing it in use makes it look much more impressive than seeing the pictures and reading about all the features. To be honest, even the notch doesn't look so bad to me when I actually see the phone in action, and it probably looks and feels even better in person.