Nice Job Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrislaw, Oct 7, 2011.

1. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I'm not looking to start a carrier war here as I couldn't care less what carrier anyone else has. But i was pleasantly surprised by Verizon this morning. I had my phone ordered and was done by about 3:01. I obviously do not know how demand was for the 4s on Verizon, but after all the horror stories from the 4 launch last year I was worried to say the least.

I figured with all of the bashing we normally do to our carriers, a thumbs up is a nice gesture now and again. Hopefully everything goes well with the delivery and I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. All and all it was an easy transaction and everything worked out as I had hoped. :)

Nicely done Verizon.

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

def second this. apple store was crashed but verizon was perfectly functional

3. 00trayn macrumors member

I second this! I woke up at 2:55am, logged in and I was actually able to see the iPhone 4S available to buy around 2:57 or something. So I went through, ordered my 32GB white phone, and I was done by 3:05am. The only downside is not having Apple Care +, but I figure I'll be able to purchase that from Apple or Verizon once I get the phone. I was VERY pleasantly surprised with Verizon.

4. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

AT&T still has the most iPhone users. I was able to place my order through them at 12:30 this morning. Apple was a complete fail.

5. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I'm an AT&T customer (grandfathered unlimited data, good reception where I am, no real reason to switch) but I have to say, if AT&T worked as well as Verizon did last night, it would have been rather nice. Verizon clearly has their act together with the preordering process.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There were likely 20 AT&T customers for every one Verizon customer ordering this am.

There is a VERY large iPhone customer base at AT&T. BUT, glad your experience was pleasant.

It took me less than 5 minutes to get a 32 and 64gb units ordered and confirmed for 14th delivery at 5:30 when I get up for work.

7. j4bles macrumors member

I was envious. Then I finally got through on AT&T and couldn't change the shipping address. Then I finally got through on Apple and couldn't change my shipping address. So I'll be in line next Friday :\

8. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

Yeah Verizon's website help up much better than it did earlier this year. but that's probably because verizon never carried the device people a lot of people were excited.

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

that's because traffic was only for Verizon customers when at Apple they were doing for all 3 major carriers! Make sense more traffics at Apple.com

10. chrislaw, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

chrislaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

yeah, obviously. That's why i didn't even attempt to go through Apple.

11. yodayoda macrumors regular

I'm pissed I ordered through Verizon because I couldn't get AppleCare plus so I guess it's not a total win for Verizon users

12. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

it was flawless.

and you can call apple when you get your phone to purchase the applecare+

13. chrislaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I'm just going to get at through Apple after i get the phone. I thought it was weird you couldn't get it this morning, but i didn't really feel "pissed" about it. I'll still have money to but Applecare in a week.

14. 00trayn macrumors member

That's what I'm hoping to do, either online or over the phone. I really don't want to venture into the store on release day to do it, however I live 5 minutes from one if necessary.

15. MustangJoe macrumors member

Didn't pre-order yet. Can you pre-order at the Verizon Store and do you think my chances of getting on launch are slim? Need a fast reply!

16. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Im 100% AT&T for my service and have no interest in verizon but I was surprised at how functional their site was even before 3am when sprint apple and att were getting killed. So props to them for that. AT&Ts site always loaded perfectly fine for me tho it just took me forever to get the 4s to show up in the store. sprint and Apple you could barely get the sites to load.

17. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

This will show how cynical I am, I read the thread title in a sarcastic tone and picture this being a bashing thread on Verizon failing at something haha.

18. chrislaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

you can walk into a store and preorder. I would go that route rather than waiting. Better safe than sorry.

19. scootaru macrumors 6502

I could not pre-order on Verizon's site and I don't know why. I logged into my Verizon account and selected my phone. When I tried to proceed, it directed me to the "New User" or "Existing Customer" screen. I selected "Existing Customer", put in my username and password and it said it could not process the transaction. I even tried using the Account Owner's username and password and still got the same message.

20. Reaper0bot0 macrumors regular

Most corporate stores can now do preorder. This was last minute, but yes they can.

21. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I concur - Verizon's pre-order was fast and efficient. I got down on them earlier in the week due to some account issues, but between some friendly assistance from a rep and the smooth pre-order process they have won me back.

It is rare that you hear people saying nice things about carriers. It is almost odd.

22. chrislaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

haha, that is actually kind of the point of the thread! :D Not to fool people but to actually not be sarcastic and neurotic for once!

23. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I did the same thing..

24. MustangJoe macrumors member

Okay thanks! Now if I pre-order there will it be a in store pickup or shipped hopefully?

25. chrislaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I imagine shipped. I'm not sure that in-store pickup is an option this time around.