Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Older bird

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
I have kavaj on all my apple stuff. I Love them.they have great feel, great quality, and a great price. They lay flat and everything is snug on the edges. If this case is anything like the rest, it's a winner.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Thanks for the pics, clears up quite a few questions I had regarding this case.
So mine has arrived. It's a very nice case. Pictures posted are pretty much exactly it.

The bottom leather "frame" edge very slightly encroaches upon the home button but so far hasn't impeded the fingerprint scanner. Swiping left or right when in portrait mode is a bit challenging as the leather comes right to the edge of the LCD panel. Sometimes I have to swipe a few times to make it work. Sometimes I give up and use the back/forward buttons on Safari instead.

The "smart" wake/sleep feature works like a charm. Sometimes a problem with 3rd party cases.

Don't expect much padding - there isn't any. It's leather with a thin microsuede lining right up against the iPad itself, but it does make for a low-profile case. The Pencil loop works well but I feel it could be just a hair tighter. The front flap is a little bulky when folded behind the iPad for reading and has no magnet to secure it the back of the iPad, but I suppose for any case like this it's to be expected. It's kind of like a leather version of the Apple original iPad case, if you remember those.

I haven't decided yet if this is going to be my daily case, but it's towards the top of the list.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
So mine has arrived. It's a very nice case. Pictures posted are pretty much exactly it.

The bottom leather "frame" edge very slightly encroaches upon the home button but so far hasn't impeded the fingerprint scanner. Swiping left or right when in portrait mode is a bit challenging as the leather comes right to the edge of the LCD panel. Sometimes I have to swipe a few times to make it work. Sometimes I give up and use the back/forward buttons on Safari instead.

The "smart" wake/sleep feature works like a charm. Sometimes a problem with 3rd party cases.

Don't expect much padding - there isn't any. It's leather with a thin microsuede lining right up against the iPad itself, but it does make for a low-profile case. The Pencil loop works well but I feel it could be just a hair tighter. The front flap is a little bulky when folded behind the iPad for reading and has no magnet to secure it the back of the iPad, but I suppose for any case like this it's to be expected. It's kind of like a leather version of the Apple original iPad case, if you remember those.

I haven't decided yet if this is going to be my daily case, but it's towards the top of the list.

does it look like you could cut the strap latch off without it damaging the pen loop holder or affecting the closing mechanism (that is the only thing that looks annoying to me if its sticking up when sitting up). I had this case for ipad 4 and I was fine with just closing it like a book cover

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
does it look like you could cut the strap latch off without it damaging the pen loop holder or affecting the closing mechanism (that is the only thing that looks annoying to me if its sticking up when sitting up). I had this case for ipad 4 and I was fine with just closing it like a book cover
You could cut the strap off and keep the pencil loop, but you would have no other way of either securing the closure of the device or a way to prop it up for typing. It uses the strap to hold the fold in the case front to prop up for typing.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
You could cut the strap off and keep the pencil loop, but you would have no other way of either securing the closure of the device or a way to prop it up for typing. It uses the strap to hold the fold in the case front to prop up for typing.

is it not pushing into the notch of the pen loop when in typing pose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.