Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today is the official launch date of the new Nike+ Apple Watch Series 4 models, which were available for pre-order on September 14 alongside other Apple Watch Series 4 models, but had a later release timeline.

We got our hands on one of the new Nike+ Apple Watches this morning to show off the custom watch faces and the new reflective bands that Apple has designed.

Design wise, the Nike+ Apple Watches are identical to Apple's standard aluminum Apple Watch Series 4 models, with aluminum casings and Ion-X glass covering the display.

Nike+ Apple Watches are also priced the same and come in 40 and 44mm size options, but colors are limited to silver and space gray aluminum.

There are two perforated Sport Bands and two new Sport Loops made with a reflective fabric, which is a new option this year. The Nike+ model in our video is the 44mm Space Gray version with a Black Nike Sport Loop.

According to Apple, the new Nike Sport Loops are woven with a reflective thread that's meant to shimmer when the light strikes it for more peace of mind when running at night, but in our testing, it was pretty muted.

These reflective bands are exclusive to the Nike+ Apple Watch right now and can't be purchased separately.

In addition to the unique bands, Apple Watch Nike+ models also feature exclusive Nike+ watch faces that are not available on other Apple Watch models. There's a digital watch face and an analog watch face, both of which can be customized with different colors.

The new Nike+ Apple Watch models can be purchased from Apple at prices starting at $399 for the 40mm GPS version and $429 for the 44mm GPS version. LTE models cost $100 more.

Orders placed today from the Apple online store in the U.S. will not ship out until early November, but some retail locations do have stock for immediate pickup.

Nike+ Apple Watches are available in Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, the U.K., and the U.S.

Article Link: Hands-On With the New Nike+ Apple Watch Series 4

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
A Nike logo branding within the watch, SJ would definitely getting out from his graveyard. Next thing carriers logo on iPhones. :mad:

jlwarlow

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
Leicestershire, UK
Does the Nike+ app on the Nike+ Watch actually work? I tried the app on my Series 1 but if I started a run on my watch it wouldn’t record the route and if I started a run on my phone it wouldn’t record my heart rate from the watch. In the end I uninstalled and just use Apple’s build in app.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A Nike logo branding within the watch, SJ would definitely getting out from his graveyard. Next thing carriers logo on iPhones. :mad:
You have no way of knowing it. Perhaps Jobs would've seen the Nike logo as part of the appeal for those looking to signal their athleticism.

Oh, wait, did you get an early copy of this book?

Steve Jobs Book What I Would've Done.jpg

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Had the Nike model last generation. Still using the nike sport band with my AW4 now.
I like it a lot, because it's easy to clean and has holes which let the skin breathe.

But never used the nike watchfaces, which is why i went for the SS model this time around.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
You have no way of knowing it. Perhaps Jobs would've seen the Nike logo as part of the appeal for those looking to signal their athleticism.

Oh, wait, did you get an early copy of this book?

View attachment 792419

This is the edition that includes the chapter on how unnecessarily reinventing all the well-honed UIx in iOS 7 sucked, right?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I don't know why people like these any more than the regular watch but more power to them I suppose.

I bought a Nike+ version last year for the perforated band. Traded in the watch, kept the band and bought a regular Sport this year. I never installed any of the Nike watch faces last year so I'm sure I won't miss those.

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
very nice Nike+, pity I got original AW4 rather then Nike+ because I couldn't wait any longer :D

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
How much $$$ is Nike paying Apple for the branding?

Remember that Google reportedly paying Apple about $9 billion to be default search engine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.