Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nike today announced four new Apple Watch bands for Apple Watch Nike+ that will match the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit "Day to Night" collection of shoes. The company said that the new colors of bands and shoes are "inspired by a shade of the sky, from dawn to dusk," and mark the first time that Apple Watch owners can directly match their band choice to their Nike sneakers.

apple-watch-nike-new-colors-800x425.jpg

Similar to previous Nike+ Apple Watch bands, the new options are made of the same flexible fluoroelastomer material that Apple uses in its own Sport bands, but include a perforated design for ventilation and sweat management. The most recent Nike and Apple partnership was in the cream and black NikeLab band that launched in April, following the first Apple Watch Nike+ device that debuted last September.

Users will be able to purchase the new Nike Apple Watch sport bands for $49.00 each beginning on June 1 on Nike.com and in select Nike stores. The company said that the bands will be available on Apple.com, in Apple retail locations, authorized resellers, and specialty department stores from "early June." The running shoes will also go on sale on June 1, and will be priced at $190.00.

Article Link: Nike Announces New Apple Watch Bands With Matching Running Shoes

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Ohh dear!!
On a second thought, I will buy them if they are metallic rose gold.

Reactions: wol

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
The first rule in fashion is that your belt should always match your shoes, so I guess Apple is changing the rules. :)

Reactions: sidewinder3000

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
That sky blue band looks sick.

I'll definitely be getting one to alternate with my Black and Volt Nike+ band.

I wonder what the blue will look like against my Space Gray watch...

Reactions: sidewinder3000

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I like them. I think they look good. Price is still to high.

Yeah, they're too expensive. And although the quality is good you can find a lot of compatible bands for a few dollar. Maybe they won't look and feel the same, but with $50 you can get a bunch of them with different colors and materials.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
My kiddo wants matching ipod watch and airpods. Nike has never come up. Perhaps it will one day..

tw1ll

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Oh the forum is just going to love this...
Nah, no one is going to rant on about how the pipeline of innovative, sector-defining products has all but died and Apple is moving towards being a pure fashion brand for the well heeled (no pun intended...).

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
5 cent bands sold for $50 to go along with 20 cent shoes sold for $200. They look great, but I just can't fathom paying that much money for some cloth and rubber.

The concept of luxury items really eludes you? Or is it that you're ok with large profit margins so long as it's an Apple product?

Reactions: ckurt25

j3T

Suspended
Feb 13, 2013
You just described absolutely all of Apple's 1st party accessories. All over priced crap.

I don't fully agree though. I've tried a lot of the aftermarket rubber straps, each time hoping to find that one that rivaled the original rubber strap. They're all made of crap silicone rubber.
My Apple rubber strap still looks like new and keeps holding up. It's just decent stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
5 cent bands sold for $50 to go along with 20 cent shoes sold for $200. They look great, but I just can't fathom paying that much money for some cloth and rubber.

Exactly. I love how Apple uses "fluoroelastomer." Oh my God, just say "rubber." It's a rubber band. Nothing special about "fluoroelastomer."

And I bet it really does cost 5 cents. But since it has a giant Apple logo on it, people buy it.

Just like Glock guns. They're plastic. But they use "polymer nylon something." Just say plastic.

Reactions: Sunny1990

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I don't fully agree though. I've tried a lot of the aftermarket rubber straps, each time hoping to find that one that rivaled the original rubber strap. They're all made of crap silicone rubber.
My Apple rubber strap still looks like new and keeps holding up. It's just decent stuff.

The sport band's quality is great, I agree on that. Even my iPhone rubber case from Apple is great, I've been using it for more than 2 years and it looks like new.
But I'm wearing a nylon strap bought on amazon for a few $ and it feels good. I don't think the original nylon band is worth 7 times the price I paid for mine.
I'm not saying all stuff sold by Apple is overpriced, but straps are. I wouldn't mind spending about $25/30 on a sport band, but $50 is too much in my opinion.

Reactions: Rodekuhr

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

They aren't "rubber", nor do they cost $0.05 to produce. Pretty easy to see this when comparing Apple bands to ones purchased from Amazon or Best Buy. It's an extremely noticeable feel and durability difference.

The sport bands I bought with my first gen watch are still going strong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.