Nike S3 randomly shutting off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wvmontani, Oct 13, 2017.

1. wvmontani macrumors newbie

I've had my aluminum Nike S3 for about 8 days now and have had two instances where the watch will turn off without warning. I haven't had it happen while using an app on the watch, but both times I tried to check the time and noticed the watch was off. The watch had around 70-80% battery during both instances.

When I power the watch back on it seems to work fine.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or have any idea what may be causing this?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Perhaps it's a glitch. I would try a hard reset by holding down the digital crown and power button for ten seconds. If that does not work, then I would initiate a re-pair with your iPhone and Apple Watch.

If it continues to do so after that, perhaps there's an application causing the issue or could be hardware related.

3. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

This just happened to me today on my Space Black. I recall it happening a couple times last year on my Series 2 as well. Wasn't regularly happening, and if it happens again may unpair and repair.

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Mine has randomly rebooted by itself once. Mine is just a 42mm sport AW3C

5. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

S3 Hermes here and my watch has randomly rebooted twice. Once at work and once at home.

I’m on iOS 11.1 Beta and watchOS 4.0.1.

Will try and force reboot and unpair repair and see if it happens again

6. bumpylumpy macrumors member

This just happened to my S3 SS LTE watch. Prior to this it would drop into Power Reserve mode, but this morning it just turned off. It had full 99% power too - I just finished charging it overnight. :(

7. Pappyland macrumors newbie

Pappyland

Same problem. Will go to use watch, nothing. Hit the power button and Apple logo comes on. 42mm SS AW3

8. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

This has to do with watchOS 4.0 or 4.0.1 right?

Debating whether to take it into a Genius Bar and have it looked at/replaced.

9. Kyle4 macrumors 6502a

This happened to me 2-3 times with my Series 2 in the year I owned it. Not sure why it occurred but chalked it up to a software glitch.

10. Pappyland macrumors newbie

Pappyland

Did Apple support chat. They said hardware test was good and had me unpair and restore my watch. We’ll see

11. Applemacfan Suspended

Do everyone here All have the 42mm?