nividia vs gma x3100

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by quanton, Mar 12, 2009.

1. quanton macrumors newbie

I'm considering buying an older macbook with a 2.4 processor or a new 2.0 but am not sure what the real differences are with the video card performance...

will the newer nividia based card help with the small video/dvd projects i like to do or is this card mostly for better gaming/etc???

any help on the different characteristics of the cards would be helpful...

thanks-:)

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I have always wondered why forums have a thing called "Search".
    Anyway, the Intel is crap no matter what. The nVidia will be better even if you are browsing iPhoto.

3. mbleopard macrumors regular

There isn't much of a comparison, the new nvidia's are leagues ahead of the intels in the previous gen macbook

4. CSilver macrumors 6502

I am not to sure about the benefits of having nVidia for doing video/dvd projects but... I can say that nVidia video card sure can play some games... considering that this is Macbook... lol

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Due to the improved FSB, and graphics processor, the new MacBooks out-pace previous versions of the MacBook. The 4,1 BlackBook maybe the exception since, I've seen threads where it's performance is almost on par with the base 2.0GHz Al MacBook, however, the Al MacBook still had a small advantage.

What is better for gaming, most definitely the new Al MacBooks. What is better for you? That's for you to decide.