Nnoooooo!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by APPLEFAN8, Aug 14, 2007.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I was gonna order the MBP closeout model(1500 2.16GHZ) from macmall.com! Well I called today they are soldout and there not getting anymore in! i'm not gonna spend 2,000(2.2GHZ) on a MBP i'm only gonna be a junior in H.S. For College i'll get a pro! The GOOD news is I'll be going down to delaware on Monday with my dad to get my black macbook taxs free and with a goverment discount! so i'll get it for 1400 and get some accesories! What accesories should I get. (don't say applecare my b-day is coming up and I'm getting that for my b-day!) Any accesories you guys recomend?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I've heard some horrible things about MacMall. You are probably better off buying directly from Apple.

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Yeah your right! I'd rather buy from apple plus I'm buying in a store so I can't wait! Any accesories I should buy when I'm with my dad!(my mom doesn't want to go neither does my sis)LOL IDC!

4. kolax macrumors G3

Buy directly from Apple and get the student benefits (printer, iPod).

5. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I can't becuase I'm in HS not college I called them about the ipod rebate they said I have to be in college? I wonder if this applies for the printer! I didn't know there was a deal for that! But accesories should I get with my macbok. OIne I'm getting the ipod dock! for my 30GB video!

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Thread Title Writer 2.0

7. jvencius macrumors regular

...but only if it comes with Spelling and Grammar 1.1 as well.

8. bennyboi macrumors regular

bennyboi

Accessories

Get a nice but discreet bag to carry it in.
    Get a cloth that sits on your keyboard when u close it so finger oil doesn't get on screen.
    Get "laptop" wipes. Like clorox wipes, but cleanes laptop.
    I HIGHLY recommend a Podium Pad (google it). It elevates bottom of laptop to keep it cooler. Plus, if you spill a drink around the mac, you'll see how it paid for itself. And it's cool because your laptop will be able to swivel :cool:
    I don't like wireless mice / keyboards, but maybe u do. But def a mouse with a wheel and right click.
    Tell us your interests and we'll tell u accessories, ie-
    If u play guitar, Fast Track USB to plug quarter inch into it. Keyboard- 49e keystation midi's right into garage band.
    If yr graphics guy, small wacom tablet, but they're pricey.
    Gamer... I dunno!

Sorry to get preachy but...
    I hope for your sake you're telling the truth about apple care because apple techs tell me: Thank god for the iBook, it provides 90% of my business. Plastic casing = better chance of moving parts moving more loosly = repairs. Sry macbook owners. Just saying- every iBook owner I knew needed repairs at some point. I'm almost 4 years strong with my titanium (or aluminum?) Powerbook and no probs, and I abuse it! Anyways... if they forget apple care for your b-day, find a way to get it.

And yes, Thread Title 2.0 :D

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Since your difference in price (between macbook pro and macbook) is $150, have you considered the wireless keyboard and mouse? That comes to $150, but it might only be of interest if you have an external monitor. If you do, that might be a good choice.

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Don't forget the Exclamation Point editor.

11. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Hey, are there any other, cheaper things that do the same thing, what are they actually called? (what should I search for)

12. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Screw The Accesories Buy MBP Refurb

Instead of buying non essential "accessories", put the money into a MBP refurb from the Apple Store. You would be better served.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...rowse&mco=3929D548&node=home/specialdeals/mac

Original price: $1,999.00
    Your price: $1,699.00
    Estimated Ship:
    3-5 business days
    Free Shipping

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    15.4-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    120GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory
    Built-in iSight Camera

13. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm not getting a refurb! I hate refurbs! I'm getting a new 2.16GHZ black macbook with 2GB of ram and accesories! I'm getting the macbook pro only when I go to college!(only a going to be a junior in HS). ANy have anymore accesories? Also how do you get thread title 1.1?

14. kolax macrumors G3

Haha, oh boy.

15. Sopranino macrumors 6502

........?........Uh.........like wow man........Err..........Just exactly what are the requirements for getting into HS these days?........[walks away shaking head]

Sopranino

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I can so understand why some people beat their children.

17. jvencius macrumors regular

Wow. At least now I have something to think about when I go running this morning instead of the usual "I hate this...this sucks...I want to vomit" routine I have rolling through my head.:eek:

18. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

actually the title starts to make sense, I actually went "Nooooooo..." as the last three comments unfolded.;)

19. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Jeeez, it was just a suggestion. I didn't expect a temper-tantrum.

If you put a request into one of the Mods, they will provide you with a link to Thread Title 1.1, I think there might even be an update.

20. razyorv macrumors member

Simply add a 'b' to the end of the thread title.:rolleyes:

21. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

to put a b on the end of the title that title should have been neeewwww.... :cool:

22. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

AppleFan8, they're trying to point out that "Nooooo!" is not a very descriptive title for your thread. Given the question that you asked in your post, you should have probably called this thread "Recommended accessories for new MBP?"

techlover828, you're looking for a guitar preamp. Possibly an active DI box, though that might only bring you to mic levels, you might need a line level input. If that's the case then you need some kind of mixer too. Either way it's not as simple as just a physical adaptor, unfortunately.

23. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Wow thats really sad, what college to you expect to get into??

24. triddent222 macrumors regular

Aww you spoiled the fun :(.

Anyways, APPLEFAN8: I could give you a long list of accessories, most of which you're not going to ever use. If you want our recommendations, be a bit more specific to what are you going to do with your new MacBook. A.k.a: I know juniors at HS wont be writing much (lol), so if you like the integrated keyboard, you wont need an external one, but maybe you like simple games (not that you're going to get much off the MacBook), so you might need an ext. mouse, etc.

25. UrsaMajor macrumors regular

You guys are harsh on the kid...

If you're watching your $, why get the Black Macbook at a 40% premium over the base white?

Ram is fairly cheap and you should do it yourself (upped my macbook from 1gb stock to 2gb for $60 2 months ago). Stock HD is fine, just swap out for a new one later on.