No 13 inch rMBP announced today?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lockerc18, Sep 12, 2012.

1. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

Who else is bummed about this? I like the new iPhone and will get one. But I was REALLY waiting for the 13 inch Retina MBP. What the heck happened to it?

Darn.

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

September has always primarily been an iPod/iPhone event so I don't think many people were expecting an announcment about a 13" retina pro.

There is supposeidly an event in October regarding the iPad Mini. Its possible that they could update the iMac line, Mac Mini and add the 13" Pro as I doubt the Mini on its own could take the whole event.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I don't think there were any real corroborating rumors about a 13" Retina MBP being announced today.

I would expect it in October.

4. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I would bet all my money on October, we didn't expect this new iPod design blah blah today, but it did October it is for rMBP 13

5. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

i think today was all music iPods, iPhones, ear pods, concert, and new ITunes. just music related. new iPad and iPad mini may get their own event. and then a hardware event new iMacs, 13" rMBP, Mac mini, and mac pro will get their own event. most likely all before the holidays so apple can get in on the rush.

6. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

I knew it was a long shot, but I too was hoping for a new 13" rMBP. I'm ready to buy today. I want to move from the three computers I now use to one that would handle everything, and still be small and light enough to carry around. The retina iPad has greatly reduced my eyestrain when reading for long periods, so the new display is a strong plus.

Thunderbolt display, time capsule, keyboard with numerical keypad, and magic trackpad would complete the ensemble when docked at the mother ship. ;)

7. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Can somebody with Chinese knowledge please translate this document? Especially this part:

Something about a 13" rMBP.

8. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

its Japanese/chinse according to google. workiing on it now.

updated: Investment advice:
    Foxconn major product lines include Nintendo will be the second half of each of the advent of stronger sales momentum, the consolidated revenue of 12.158 billion in August, the next iPhone 5 Nintendo Wii U is expected in mid-September, the new 13-inch Macbook products will be launched in October, September sales may hit a new high this year under.

9. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Google is not the best translator, that's why I was looking for a Chinese speaking person. Maybe somebody sees this and can help.

10. lockerc18 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd be happy to.

It says "Though Apple did finally announce the iPhone5 today, they will disappoint many consumers by not also announcing the 13 inch Retina Display MacBook Pro or iPad mini. These poor folks will unfortunately have to be happy with their Wii U and Silly Nintendo 3DS LL for another few weeks. Don't expect that this will have any impact on Apple stock price as it shoots through the roof today. Grow up." Like that.

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Once you've been around Apple longer, they are actually quite predictable. It's good because then you know about what to expect.

The only reason they mentioned more than just the iPhone today is most probably because they have a lot to announce before years end.

In addition, some people were most likely expecting a bit more out of this generation of iPhone.

12. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes I think this is it. Stringing it out in an orderly timeline that follows production timelines, is probably the only way they can do it.

13. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

A lot of speculation has been tossed around about this coming in October - quite a few in this thread even. Not quite sure how accurate that is of course, but wasn't really expecting anything. I was expecting iMac if anything that isn't a phone or music device.

14. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I love to see all of you get LG display and image retention after that. It is good to have friends. Welcome to the club.

15. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

LMAO

does anyone have some kind of statistic report on how many faulty rMBP are out there?

16. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Apple will say zero. Genius bar will say I don't see any. Apple sale guy will say I don't know this problem is existed. Executive Relation will say it is in Apple's specification. We all say every LG display.

17. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

If Apple does not release the 13" rMBP on October, then it would prove that they were completely wrong on timing with the release of the 15" version and that the retina display is probably a failure because the current technology cannot handle such HiDPI resolutions...

18. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Yak yak yak. It's the scaling that's the problem, 2880x1800 is not an issue for this machine in anything other than gaming.

19. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Yak yak yak, more precisely the resampling and downscaling process... ;)

20. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

21. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Otherwise known as scaling... :rolleyes:

22. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

For me, resampling+downscaling is different from just scaling...

23. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

Another iGadget day.

"Back to the Mac" was just an empty marketing line. IMac's and Mac Pro's are gathering dust. The Mac Pro doesn't have a Thunderbolt port. The USB jacks are 2.0.

Yeah, most of the Mac lineup is " classic " you could even see calling the Mac Pro an antique. The new iMac was apparently just announced by HP. I guess HP said "well if Apple doesn't want to make it we will ".

Apple is selling iPad's in huge volume. They sell them at high prices on TV shopping channels. Target sells them. This is Apple's business.

Next month is iPad month.

24. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

I was disappointing with this as well, but they did have some great new products. Hopefully there will be a new event in October!