No 3G or Edge symbol?

Lemons!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I called AT&T and spoke to a woman, she said there's an outage. I live in California near San Francisco. My brother and my friends all have iPhones and their data connection are all working. I told her that and she said it's an outage, but I did not hear any announcements from ATT. It can't be an outage, when only one phone's data is out. There's no symbol where the 3G or Edge should be. Sounds like she's lying. What do I do?

I've tried restoring and resetting. Nothing works. If I put it on WiFi, it works.

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I called AT&T and spoke to a woman, she said there's an outage. I live in California near San Francisco. My brother and my friends all have iPhones and their data connection are all working. I told her that and she said it's an outage, but I did not hear any announcements from ATT. It can't be an outage, when only one phone's data is out. There's no symbol where the 3G or Edge should be. Sounds like she's lying. What do I do?

I've tried restoring and resetting. Nothing works. If I put it on WiFi, it works.
Yes it can happen. Data outages happen without announcement. Sometimes they are predetermined in order to allocate time for network upgrades. Wi-Fi can be used even when there is a network outage.

Comment

Lemons!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
But howcome it's only my phone and not my brother's or my friends?

Comment