iPad No Black and slate full size Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Oct 8, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Anybody disappointed when they announce a full size one in space grey? That silver is all too Ipad 4 for me! :eek:

2. rainking macrumors regular

No. I have the iPhone 5s space grey and love it better than my black iPhone 5.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

For me it's like going back to the silver band around the iphone 4.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I'm disappointed for the mini, but I think space grey will look nice on the full sized iPad 5. I still think it is more silver than black though

6. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Black Slate is my favorite color ever. They will never make anything as beautiful. A Space Gray iPad will be fine though, because a case will cover 99% of it.

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

the slate iphone 5 is far sexier than the space gray iphone 5s imo. and i'm not saying it cause i own the slate ;)

8. sim0n macrumors member

Agreed for same reason! ;)

9. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Space grey is sexy, in my opinion is a welcome change. I wish they would offer more color combos, a nice brown or even a gold and black would look great. Probably a matter of time till they introduce an iPad (C) plastic with colors.

10. modit macrumors 6502

Slate, Space Grey, What?

Could someone kindly explain or provide a link/image of the colour options available for the current iPads/iPhones and how it relates to the rumoured iPad 5?

Honestly, I've seen the iPad mini which comes in white and the original silver used since the original iPad if I recall correctly as well as black and "slate" which looks amazing IMO (so the new iPad won't have that option?).

Thanks!

11. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Wait, so basically the choices are going to be silver and darker silver/gray (that's what the pics look like anyway)? Meh. Gold or slate, come on now!

12. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

13. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I think the black iPad Mini looked reallyyy sleek too. The silver looks nice also, but white (on the front) is not my taste. So now I'm stuck with a dark silver backing (space grey) because I want the black front.

Yes, it's quite disappointing.

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

both colors are so boring,space gray looks too light especially in certain lighting. i as well was hoping for the slate ipad 5 like the mock pics that were being show at the very beginning of production,finally looks official the slate has been terminated for the new iPad and most likely mini. the slate mini is by far the best looking iPad to date.

15. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Isnt it reasonable to assume they will have their ipads in the same variety of "colors" as the recently released iPhone, space gray, silver and gold (which is more like copper, and thank god for that)

16. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I prefer my gadgets in black as it makes me feel like James Bond.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I would love an anodized copper iPad like the old iPods.

18. tpr007 macrumors regular

tpr007

I tend to look at the front of my devices.

The back of it could be purple for all I care. :cool:

19. pazaakshark macrumors newbie

The black & slate was far nicer looking, imo, but the space grey colour is slowly growing on me :)

20. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Likewise.. I would prefer to have my ipad in the color of black slate or space grey myself, however, I think I prefer my front in white ahead of black, which means those options disappear...

21. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Basically, before the iPhone 5S came out (a few weeks ago) every iPhone and iPad had 2 color options. White (silver) and Black (slate). When the iPhone 5S came out (a few weeks ago) They replaced the Black (slate) option with "Space Grey" which is not nearly as dark. Space grey reminds me of a dark silver. Which means it is quite lighter than the "Slate" (Black) color was. In addition to replacing Slate with Space Grey, they added the color "Gold" which is a very subtle champagne color. I think it looks cool in pictures, but it's way too subtle for my liking when you see it in person; and I actually prefer the silver to it. So with the iPhone 5S they sell it in 3 colors; Space Grey (with the black face), Silver (with white face), and Gold (with white face).

The next generation iPads (iPad 5, and iPad mini 2) are expected to have the same color line-up. There have been leaks of both the iPad mini, and iPad 5 in space grey, so this is almost confirmed. There have not been leaks of the iPad's (either Mini or iPad 5) in gold, however it is expected that will be an option as well; however they could make that an iPhone 5S exclusive (but I doubt it).

Therefore the discussion and commenting on this thread is over the switch from Slate (black) to Space Grey (dark silver) which to many people's taste does not really justify a "black" or "dark" color option. I for one hate Space Grey, but maybe it'll grow on me, because I sure am not getting a white face on my iPad.

Just curious, why do you prefer a white face?

22. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Hard to put a precise finger on I suppose I think it gets a fresh feel, and makes it a bit different from alot of the tablets out there, I also think that stains and fingerprints will be less clear on a white surface rather than a black... When the light hits it from the right angles and exposes such blemishes you know. :)

23. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Got it. Yeah those are all things I don't really care about at all haha. I never take my iPad outside of my house, and therefore I don't care about how other's perceive it. I also don't really care about finger prints, because all devices get them and they are noticeably on the screen either way, so doesn't make a difference to me. I do like the way white looks for everything other than functionality though, but that's just what I care about.

24. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

In what way do you think white interferes with functionality?

25. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

It doesn't, of course. I just prefer to have a more immersive experience with the black display surrounding the "black unless active" display. The white doesn't hinder anything, but I think watching movies and media is a slightly better experience with the black bezel. Like a 9.25/10 to 9.0/10 kind of difference.