No brushed metal in iTunes 5

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
It's already growing on me, i dunno, it just seems more sophisticated. Or maybe, its just coz its a welcomed change.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Why can't they use the same color scheme in System Prefs for all of their apps? Brushed metal looks like **** for the most part...

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
The new miniWin for iTunes looks really strange! I don't know if I like it.

Big iTunes window though is really really nice! Well done apple!

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I loved the old brushed aluminium effect of Apple's apps, I REALLY don't like the new iTunes look. I thought I would get used to the new look of Mail 2.0 but I still hate it, so I don't think iTunes will be any different.

csubear

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
NATO said:
I loved the old brushed aluminium effect of Apple's apps, I REALLY don't like the new iTunes look. I thought I would get used to the new look of Mail 2.0 but I still hate it, so I don't think iTunes will be any different.

I would like to vote for this aswell. Now there are four types of windows: orginal aqua, brushed metal, mail.app, and the new not brushed metal. I like aqua, and i though brushed metal was okay, mail.app's new look has still yet to grow on me, and i really not liking the new itunes look.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
csubear said:
I would like to vote for this aswell. Now there are four types of windows: orginal aqua, brushed metal, mail.app, and the new not brushed metal. I like aqua, and i though brushed metal was okay, mail.app's new look has still yet to grow on me, and i really not liking the new itunes look.
Agree, do not like the new iTunes 5.0 UI. It is not even have the proper curved edges like Mail.app.

Place Mail.app ontop of iTunes 5.0 GUI in expanded mode. :)

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Anyone else think the squarish display kinda looks out of place surrounded by all the round buttons and search bar? I dunno, maybe it's just the "new shock"...

I can't believe they STILL haven't added an option to delete all library listings to songs that no longer exist on your hard drive. Or am I missing something? :confused:

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Restart?

Didn't read the whole thread (man these threads blow up!), but what's the deal with having to restart after installing iTunes? Its the year 2005 folks!! These things should relink dynamically!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
savar said:
Didn't read the whole thread (man these threads blow up!), but what's the deal with having to restart after installing iTunes? Its the year 2005 folks!! These things should relink dynamically!
Dunno, I didn't have to restart when I installed iTunes 5.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Raven VII said:
Dunno, I didn't have to restart when I installed iTunes 5.

If you downloaded iTunes from the software update you didn't have to restart

if you downloaded it from the server you did (i downloaded from server on powermac and got restart, downloaded from software update on powerbook and no restart)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
it didn't show up in my SU, so i had to download it and restart, its okay, had to restart with Quicktime too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.