Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
Double click the home button.

Cheers,

Didn't know you had to do that, thought it was just there permanently. Now if only I could double click the home button for my contact fav's :p

Thanks again

----------

You didn't see Sticky: No Camera button on lock screen? [Merged] right at the top of your screen?

Obviously not, otherwise I would not have posted this :confused:

I've been too busy looking for threads that explain icloud/wireless syncing etc

Mods, merge or chop as appropriate.

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011
How can I get to camera straight from lock screen? :p

No but seriously, why do I have to make two clicks? Isn´t one enough?

I don´t get Apple´s logic. :confused:

a104375

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Matamoras, PA

I'll tell you their logic, probably 75% of people don't want to access their camera from the home screen. I am one of them, so I'm happy that it is a double tap to access it.

I would also like to comment on the hilarity of this post given its merged status, when you see this post now all you see is "WHY NO WORK?" "Double tap home button" "Oh gotcha thanks." followed up with "WHY NO WORK?!?!" and it loops like that for a few pages :p but I'm guessing that's the work of mods merging all these posts together.

iWaldo

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008

I believe the whole purpose of a lock screen is to make sure your phone doesn't start doing stuff in your pocket if it accidentally turns on. Having to double click to get to the lock screen stuff probably works to that end.

Only problem I've ever had is voice control turning on and my phone pocket-calling people. Now THAT'S a dumb lock screen option...

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
ok but seriously its not there for the iPad. i double clicked and nothing.

I guess its cuz the iPads cameras are so bad they didn't even bother.

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
I've never read a more hilarious "if then else" thread!! Thanks for the giggles!!!!

KasonJallas

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Camera on lock screen

Just picked up my 4S and had a question. I thought one of the new features was the ability to go to the camera app from the lock screen. My lock screen just looks the same as it always has. Any ideas??

rayyu882

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
Just picked up my 4S and had a question. I thought one of the new features was the ability to go to the camera app from the lock screen. My lock screen just looks the same as it always has. Any ideas??

Hit the home button twice. You should see it.

zhboarder

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
@msmith2112 one is a speaker and one is a mic.. iphones have never had 2 speakers at the bottom even though thats what it looks like

PS

i like how this question has been asked and answered about 20 times now in the same thread... lol all you gotta do is read the thread peeps

cekmat

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Press twice to activate Camera??????

It sucks!
Apple should update in no time!!
I would like to suggest.
1. NO NEED to press anything. switch on the phone and camera button should be there! why we need to press extra 2 times at home button? im experiencing my home button already worn out due to thousands and another thousand times being pressed. Now i need to press home button real hard to make it work. And it sucks!
2. I hope in future apple will design such that home button just like any other feature using Touch Screen!
Else damn goo:apple:od. Really like new feature "edit" in recent Call!!

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Double click home, camera shortcut appears.

regular click home if your iPhone isn't on springboard, Camera shortcut appears

if your iPhone IS on springboard, the camera shortcut will NOT appear.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
This has been posted many, many times in other threads. Please search next time.

Double click on the lock screen.

This has been asked many, many times. Please search for it.

And try searching next time.

Double click the home button

Search some more next time :)

When Scott demo'd this in the keynote he never mentioned you have to double click the home button. He said it would be on the lock screen. Why push the home button twice and then push the camera button? Just as easy to slide to unlock and push camera on the screen.

James

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
When Scott demo'd this in the keynote he never mentioned you have to double click the home button. He said it would be on the lock screen. Why push the home button twice and then push the camera button? Just as easy to slide to unlock and push camera on the screen.

James

Doiuble click the home button.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Two clicks?!? TWO CLICKS?!?

What an idiotic thing. I went to a football game tonight and needed to snap some pictures. So I whipped out my iPhone and hit the home button to wake it up. It was then that I remembered that if I want to bypass the password, I should have hit the home button twice. TWICE?!? For God's sake who came up with that? Even after I hit it twice, all I get is a little camera icon I can click on. Shouldn't that have been there the first time, right next to emergency call? So I had to click cancel. Let's see I'm up to two clicks now. I've clicked the home button. I've clicked cancel. Now I've gotta click the home button. It's sort of like a double click in windows. Not too slow. Not too fast. I'M FEEZING MY ASS OFF AT A FOOTBALL GAME AND I'VE GOTTA DOUBLE CLICK TO TAKE A PHOTO? Ok, it's better than having to enter the first 17 words of Psalm 139 on the unlock screen. But the double click is only slightly better. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it. But really. Didn't somebody at Apple USE one of these things? No wait. They were busy drinking. That's why the left it in a bar. Well if they'd put down that darn drink and take a photo maybe they would notice that a double click on the home button is not such a convenient thing with gloves on at night in the rain at a football game.

Pssst. Apple. Pssst. It's a camera. I need to be able to use it in a hurry. I shouldn't be in a situation where I take one step toward using it and have to either back up or enter a complex password (that my company IT requires). What a joke. I'm hoping iOS 5.0.1 makes bypassing the password to get to the camera a single click.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
What an idiotic thing. I went to a football game tonight and needed to snap some pictures. So I whipped out my iPhone and hit the home button to wake it up. It was then that I remembered that if I want to bypass the password, I should have hit the home button twice. TWICE?!? For God's sake who came up with that? Even after I hit it twice, all I get is a little camera icon I can click on. Shouldn't that have been there the first time, right next to emergency call? What a joke. I'm hoping iOS 5.0.1 makes bypassing the password to get to the camera a single click.

It's a camera. I need to be able to use it in a hurry. I shouldn't be in a situation where I take one step toward using it and have to either back up or enter a complex password (that my company IT requires).

You're in Detroit and you tried to take pictures at a football game? You didn't miss much.

/just kidding. originally from Detroit myself.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
So whats the problem?

All I do is click 2 times, press the icon, and then take a photo...

Seems easier then typing the pass code then finding your camera app, then launching it, then taking a photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.