No Cell Coverage [Battery Usage]

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mosi, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Mosi macrumors regular

Anybody else seeing "No Cell Coverage" eating a large portion of their battery in the usage stats?

This morning started with 100% and at 4pm had 39% with 2 hours of usage and 5 hours of standby. No Cell Coverage accounts for 63% of battery usage over the last 24 hours but I am pretty sure I never lost a cell signal throughout the day.

2. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I don't think "No Cell Coverage" is the right terminology. Maybe just battery usage from poor signal

4. Mosi thread starter macrumors regular

It could be the wrong terminology but something is causing pretty steep battery loss

[​IMG]

5. shandyman Suspended

It's the amount of battery power used when there's no coverage and it keeps checking for when there is coverage. Guessing you spent a lot of time in an area with poor/no signal.

6. Mosi thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing. My phone sits in an open box outside my office all day. I check it maybe once every 2 hours or so. It usually has 2-3 bars (or dots in this case) throughout the day but if the phone is on iOS 7.1.1, I would leave for the day with 80%-90% battery and not 30%-40%

I am sure most of the battery loss is from non-optimized apps or even more likely the phone needs a carrier update from Verizon

7. shandyman Suspended

Could be. Also, there's usually a day or so of beta breaking in :) haha.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Do you work for CIA?

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Mine's at 63% (No Cell Coverage) ... This is Tokyo, so there's coverage more or less everywhere (and definitely where I live and work) ... Oh well. Beta fun, I guess

10. abrahamw88 macrumors member

abrahamw88

Mine is also similarly high on iOS 8 beta 2 on my iPhone 5. Around 45% for the past seven days. I do know that when I walk into my office building for work I lose a lot of my signal especially near my desk for some reason. But even on the days when I put it in airplane mode for most of the day it still shows battery usage high for no cell coverage. I can't imagine how awesome my battery life would be if it wasn't so high!