No Cydia icon after Limera1n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crazycanucks, Oct 10, 2010.

1. crazycanucks macrumors regular

So I downloaded limera1n, and ran it. It did its thing sucessfully, and restarted, but there is no Cydia icon. Anyone knows why, and how to fix? I have restored a new ipsw as well, but to no avail.

I have used blackra1n and purplera1n, so quite familar with Egohots jailbreaks. In the 2+ years of having an iphone, this is teh 1st time the JB didnt work for me.

Iphone 4, using 4.1 firmware

Thanks in advanced!

2. lilrush macrumors member

me too, no cydia icon!
    on top of that, when i retry, it hangs on the "in DFU mode....wait" screen and does NOTHING.

When I unplug my iphone it is stuck on the connect to itunes screen.

HELP!

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Because egohot's jailbreak is a BETA... I would not advise in using it.

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak with limera1n again, if it is still stuck, download tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

5. p c macrumors newbie

Did you get the limera1n icon on the phone? If not it did not jailbreak. I had to have itunes running for it to work

6. eXoBrute macrumors regular

You guys are wrongggggg you have to click the limerain icon which will be on the last page and its just a white icon, then click cydia and install it. It will reboot and still not be there then u have to hard restart ur phone and its there.

7. Abscissa macrumors regular

This. Just got my touch to jailbreak.

You should see (or atleast I did) a white square that says limera1n, click it and select cydia and click install. Then hold your power button down, slide to power off and turn it back on. I had the correct limera1n icon and cydia afterwards.

8. lilrush macrumors member

It just ran again and only hangs on "DFU" screen. If i hold home and power it says "done" and says it was successful, but NO cydia icon. I am using a 3GS 4.1

9. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

10. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

Once you instal Cydia, and it finishes, you just have to restart your device, and Cydia appears....

11. lilrush macrumors member

How do i install cydia? isnt that part of the limerain process? because It says successfully completed and still no cydia.

Ive tried about 10 times and it seems to be a 50/50 between either hanging on DFU screen or saying its complete when its not.

How long should this take? should it be a minute? 5? 10?

**EDIT - my beata is version 4**

12. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

After you finish limera1n, do you have this icon on the iphone

[​IMG]

13. crazycanucks thread starter macrumors regular

No I don't have the limera1n app. Sorry to confuse been awhile since geohot had a jb. I don't have the limrain app to install cydia with

When running it on my pc everything went fine on both the phone and the pc. I am running win 7 64 bit

14. Cap41 macrumors 6502

i had the white icon, when it was suppose to goto the black screen to give you the option to install cydia it crashes. it starts to load and then goes back to home screen..

15. yifanlu macrumors member

Here's what happened to me. I had iTunes 9 and used the front USB port. Limera1n didn't give any errors, and showed done and everything. But I never saw any lime logo. Then I installed iTunes 10 and used the back USB port, and it worked. So it was either 1) iTunes 10, 2) Different USB port, or both. See if this helps anyone.

16. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

17. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Somebody post here also claim to have itune running on the background to get it to work.

18. ericlin0122 macrumors member

you guys having problem should read the instruction before doing it.
    it works perfectly.

19. Conway macrumors member

For people having issues with the limera1n app not showing up make sure youve updated itunes and follow the instructions right on time and release the home button as soon as it goes into dfu mode:D

i tried like 20 times but as soon as i updated itunes it worked first time.....goodluck

20. yifanlu macrumors member

YES, I did that to when it was working.

21. crazycanucks thread starter macrumors regular

I ain't a dumb user. I have used qwickpwn redsnow etc. I think I know what I am doing. I have jb most of my friends and family. I work as an it help desk. Don't assume that it works for everyone

22. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I have iTunes 9.2 and it worked fine. you dont need 10

23. binaryscene macrumors newbie

I'm on windows 7 32 bit. It worked for me the first time. Before I used Limera1n, I updated iTunes to 10.0.1 and updated the phone to 4.1. I had iTunes running in the background. After Limerain walks you through putting it into DFU mode, I got a "limerain" application with a white icon on the phone. Running limerain on the phone should allow you to install Cydia.

24. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

When I JB mine, I have the latest iTune, winXP 32bit, iphone4 was restore from 4.02 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella running and BB are preserve, hopes that help.

25. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

eboot again – (power+home) – cydia shows up then. :)