No deleting jpegs U send in AppleMail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phil in ocala, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

Had many jpegs imported to apple mail outgoing email,.saw one I did not want to go...there seems no way to delete a jpeg after it is imported....of the many selections in edit...delete was not thought of by the Mail Developers...This seems to be a pattern in the Apple OS...deleting made difficult.
    Does anyone have a clear answer?

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I don't understand the question. You sent an email with a jpeg attachment, realized you didn't mean to, then tried to delete it from the outgoing message?

3. Phil in ocala thread starter macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

Okay...you create an email....you import 20 jpegs....you see one is not good and you don't want to send it....but the Developers at Apple never figured you might want to delete a jpeg before you send it....so they failed to offer anyway to delete it...not in edit...no where...What were they thinking?

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Place your cursor to the right of the image, then hit Delete.

Attached Files:

5. Phil in ocala thread starter macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

Wow...it worked...thank you...but there was a time when the Mac OS was intuitive....clearly this is not an intuitive measure...thanks again.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

This feature has existed in Mail as long as I can remember and works identically to deleting text. PEBKAC

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That feature has been in mail for about forever, seems very intuitive to me.