No dictation no Siri

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gsxr1000, Sep 22, 2015.

1. gsxr1000 macrumors member

gsxr1000

I tried to send a txt by dictation it was a no go just sits there nothing coming across screen that I say. Tried to talk to Siri no response at all. Running OS2 and OS9.

2. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Same here. It showed my message but the only button was "don't send." N idea why. Also went to Watch OS2 today too.

3. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I just reset my watch and it started working.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

6. gsxr1000 thread starter macrumors member

gsxr1000

My problem wasn't with it not sending a message. My problem was it wouldn't type out what I was saying. But I seemed to fix it with a re-pairing.

7. Expidia macrumors member

Expidia

I think today's 9.01 update corrected some of the SIRI issues. Hey siri stop working for me after the 9.0 and OS2 updates. I installed 9.01 on the phone and rebooted both the watch and the phone by holding the crown and the other button down until the watch turned off. Did the same with the phone by holding the menu button and on off switch down until the phone turned off. after restarting both my siri issues were corrected.

This re-boot method is not just holding the off button and then sliding the device to off. That only shuts the device off. The holding down of both buttons re-boots the device which can clear file issues.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I have this problem too. It keep spinning but nothing shows.

9. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I saw in another thread someone talking about reindexing and I now wonder if there is a relation to this and initial battery life issues also reported elsewhere. My watch burned through battery quickly yesterday and I had the issues later with Siri not recognizing contacts when using my Watch. But today things seem back closer to normal. They hey Siri found the people I tried it with and battery life appears to be better for now at least. Only down to 83% after 5 hours of wearing it.

But one thing that is still not right is the "friends" list from the button. It's put in random people again and not the list I had previously set up.