NO FACETIME!! wtf! pic inside

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blakepilot, Jun 23, 2010.

1. blakepilot macrumors newbie

So I've been trying to get facetime working for the past couple hours and I still can't get it to work! I've tried 4 restores and nearly everything else and the option still won't come up. Yes I'm on wifi and I have plenty of bandwidth. I've tried calling friends that already have iphone 4's and wifi and still nothing. What the hell is wrong?!!!

IMG_0045.PNG

2. sleyeu macrumors 6502

3. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I'm guessing you don't even have an iPhone 4. Thanks for trolling tho.

5. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Maybe download a fresh restore? That's all I can think of :confused:

6. coasterswim macrumors 6502

This makes people want to help you. I don't have my phone yet so I'm not sure what the problem is.

7. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

photo.JPG

I tried that 4 times. I'm just confused. At first, I thought it might be something causing a problem from my 3GS backup, but I did a restore without importing any data from the old backup. Still nothing. Confused and the nearest Apple store is an hour away.

8. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Did you download the new file, each time? I really have no clue. Sorry.

9. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Why don't you take a screen shot of while you are in mid call with someone that has an iPhone 4 with wifi on. I don't know what your screenshot has to do with initiating FaceTime. You initiate it while during a call, not while in the settings.

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Let's see a picture of that screen on that iPhone in front of that box and then I'll try to take your seriously.

11. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

It has to be turned on in the phone settings menu.

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Read the OP. He's tried calling other people with iPhone 4s already and doesn't get the option.

13. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been lurking around this forum for a while and the majority of questions that get asked are either 500x reposts from new thread trigger happy people or links to something that's completely unrelated. I'm asking a question that hasn't been posed. I've got the pics to prove it. Do I get annoyed by link responses that do absolutely nothing to help me? Yes. Call me what you want, but I'm not new to forums and I'm not trolling anyone.

14. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Sorry for two posts in a row, but this is not true. You activate it in settings, you then click on a contact and can hit FaceTime just like you can hit Message or call or Email etc..

15. nicoritschel macrumors regular

He's not lying.... click on the ss in the OP to view it in FULL SIZE, durrr

16. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I'm still waiting for mine to activate.

17. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

There you go

Attached Files:

18. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

The manual says Facetime should be on by default, but can also be controlled in 'restrictions' - may want to check that out also. Don't have a phone, so can't help you out further.

19. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know what restrictions that might be. I don't have any that I'm aware of. It's my personal phone. Literally after trying a restore 4 times, the best explanation is some setting carried over from my 3GS with iOS4 that's preventing it from loading. I haven't read anywhere else on here about people having the same issue so maybe it's just me. Trying to get insight, though. It's worked perfectly for the half dozen friends of mine that already have 4's.

20. synagence macrumors 6502a

Might be that apple hasn't released a carrier update that adds the option. Network has to handoff call. Might be not turned on yet

21. rmwhite macrumors member

I had this same problem.

I restored from backup from my old 3G running 4.0 and face-time didn't exist on my phone.

I went back and reset to factory settings and "set up as new iPhone" and everything works fine. This was easy for me as I use google sync.

I went back to restoring from my 3G and face-time again was gone.

Repeat.

22. blakepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see how that could be a possible snag seeing as it's working fine for 599,999 other people. Everything on OLAM says iPhone 4, etc.

23. coasterswim macrumors 6502

I was under the impression that you have to first click the in-call FaceTime button with a contact for that contact to show up as a "FaceTime contact".