No Fitness Tracker Social Features?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by exxxviii, Jun 25, 2015.

1. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I wanted to confirm. Is there no social networking feature in Activities or Health for the watch?

All the other fitness tracker devices and apps I have seen have a way to friend people so that you can see step activity and compete on various goals. This has been a huge motivational benefit for folks in my Fitbit friend network. Plus it is just plain fun. I do not see that anywhere in the Apple Watch or iPhone environment. Has anyone else found this feature?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Afraid not. The Activity apps needs lots of work to even get close to what other dedicated fitness devices and their apps offer! I am back to my Fitbit Surge that does my HR ALL the time, even if it is loose. The apps gives me all kinds of stats like resting HR and graphs showing how you are progressing.

There is just no comparison.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I use Sync Solver to move my Apple Watch data to.my Fitbit app so I can still keep up with my Fitbit friends.

4. exxxviii thread starter macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Great tip... thanks. I will check that out. I can stop carrying my Fitbit zip, but use Fitbit as my fitness data hub.