No flashlight on 2 iphone?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by james.dylan, Oct 11, 2016.

1. james.dylan macrumors newbie

james.dylan

Hi, I searched the iOS 10 forum and didn't see this topic come up, so sorry if it's already there.

I upgraded my iPhone 6S to iOS10, wife too. Now, when we "swipe" up to get the flashlight icon, mine is totally not there anymore! It's like they removed the flashlight from my iPhone. On my wife's phone, it is there, but greyed out! Seems like a major bug, especially for both our phones. They literally removed a major feature, for me, as I use the flashlight icon at least every day.

2. beernut macrumors 6502

Have you tried giving them a reboot just to get that out of the way?

If you have, would you mind posting sa screenshot of your control centers?

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Restart your phone.

4. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

They definitely didn't remove anything, you both have some sort of software issue. Restarting should always be your first step. If that doesn't work then a restore should be next.

5. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

The only time I see a greyed out icon is if the camera is being used by an app.

6. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

You do realize that the Control Center has several panes, and that you swipe left/right to see them. The main pane has the flashlight, timer, and camera at the bottom.

Pro Tip: If you have an iPhone with 3D Touch, you can do tricks with each of those. For the flashlight, using a hard press on the icon allows you to change the light intensity level (low, medium, and high).

7. ThunderMasterMind macrumors 6502a

ThunderMasterMind

If the light sensor detects bright light, then it disables the flashlight from use. Simply by greying out the icon.