No iCloud for Verizon iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fusion79, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

We are still on 4.2, does this mean we will not get the iCloud update?

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

They'll either update Verizon iPhones or you'll get it with iOS 5.

3. shandyman Suspended

no1 gets it until iOS 5 in september, which is over all iOS devices, where did it say not Verizon iPhone??

it was specifically said that iOS 5 will ship in the fall to the following devices: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.

4. citi macrumors 65816

citi

On the website.

I got to call BS now. We have been left behind on several occations. This is just wrong.

5. shandyman Suspended

You're missing the key phrase

BETA! as in for developers.

you cannot access iCloud now if you're not a developer, the website just says Notify Me rather than allowing access. Thus on the site, it says 'COMING THIS FALL'!!!!

6. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

What if you are a developer with a Verizon phone (which I am)...will I be able to download iOS 5 Beta tonight?

7. citi macrumors 65816

citi

Good catch, but still doesn't change the fact that there is another US iPhone carrier. What if a developer has a Verizon phone? They should have come out with a Verizon Beta too.

8. shandyman Suspended

dunno, with iOS 5, they said the beta will be available tonight, they didn't specify devices, one would assume it would be, since developers have to test across the board.....

9. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Where would one get clarification on this?

10. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

iOS 5 is probably going to be the release that brings everything in sync version wise. It will probably work on the verizon iPhone as well.

11. shandyman Suspended

well by logics, if it works on the GSM beta, it should work on the CDMA one. i would assume that the lowest release it works on is the ones listed, iOS 5 beta should be on all devices, so you can test the iCloud on the verizon iPhone running iOS5 beta. they've only listed the minimum requirements and there's obviously some coding in the latest iPhone 4 GSM OS that's not in Verizons, it's like Verizon got the Personal Hotspot before the GSM iPhone, swings and roundabouts!

12. citi macrumors 65816

citi

Not really all that equal. We are still waiting on HOME SHARING for our iPhone.

13. shandyman Suspended

it's not tho, it's just the apps/music/books backup thing, it's not the full iCloud features like they showed, we cannot access the photostream or documents on the go, now if/when that happens, you've got decent grounds to moan.

14. mattburles macrumors regular

iOS 5.0 beta will be made available later today for the following iDevices:

iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA)
    iPhone 3GS
    iPod touch (4th generation)
    iPod touch (3rd generation)
    iPad 2 (GSM, CDMA and WiFi)
    iPad (GSM and WiFi)
    Apple TV 2G

verizon included! :D

15. shandyman Suspended

that's what i thought.

so Verizon people can have iCloud same time as everyone else then like i said. I'm sure they'll find something to complain about though as the original poster seemed to think everyone but verizon got it today, even though they said in the Fall with iOS 5......

16. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

It's a public beta... meaning anyone running 4.3.3 can get it.
    Read people.
    This is from Apple's web site.

Don't know where you got your info from, but Apple says you need 4.3.3 to use the beta.
    VZW phones are still on 4.2.8. No beta access for VZW users.

Even CNN reported it... http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/06/technology/verizon_iphone/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=hp_bn3

17. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

This one? ios_5_beta__iphone_4_cdma__9a5220p.dmg :)

18. shandyman Suspended

Yea, but it's a beta for a PARTIAL service, not the full thing. now if we can access photo stream, email, contacts, documents on the go and the rest on beta, you might have a decent point. plus at the moment, it's not pushing songs to all devices, well not on mine

19. citi macrumors 65816

citi

Not having parity is something to complain about. As I said before, why don't we have homesharing yet? The simple fact that it CAN be used in 4.xxx on GSM and not Verizon is an issue. What if a developer wanted to test 4.xx features only? Don't you find it odd that they would release a function in 4.3 that will be in 5.0, that is also being released today? Why not just release 5 and skip 4.3 entirely?

20. shandyman Suspended

it's not something that's officially released today tho!! lol. that's the madness of it. Official iCloud launch is Fall. people on 4.3 are just being guinea pigs to make sure it works. it's not a fully fledged thing that's available, it's not for devs to test, it's for apple to test. if devs want to test 5, they can on all devices. Being in the UK, we don't have the iTunes store part of the beta, do you see me bitching about it? no, cos it's a BETA, not official release.

your whole argument is mental! you're moaning about not having access to something that's in beta and not officially released! I agree with you on the home sharing thing tho, that's a bitch for you.

21. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

No iCloud for ANYONE at the moment, unless you are a developer and want to do some work with beta software. In the fall, ALL iPhone 4s will get iOS 5, and with it iCloud.

22. shandyman Suspended

No, anyone running iOS 4.3.1 gets to beta test iTunes in the cloud, everyone has to wait til sept for full icloud access. You're mixing iCloud up with iOS

23. eddiejsmall macrumors member

THIS IS NOT TRUE. iCloud is available in the App Store and iTunes store to show purchases on any device running 4.3! Since Verizon isn't on 4.3 we won't be able to use this feature of iCloud.

24. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Well, OK, tiny parts of iCloud are available now, but I was talking about the full-blown, and not beta parts, iCloud.