no intro video

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jvmxtra, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I thought it would be covered ad nauseam by now on this topic me but when I type "no intro video" on MR, I didn't see anything specific popped up on this.(if there are, please please let know).

WHY no intro video for lion? I lOVE my osx and one of THE feature that I LOVE is the intro video. THEY could not create a new simple video ??? what's up w/ that apple?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Sorry. To make it up to you they showed you how to scroll. :D

3. jvmxtra, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011

jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Well, i guess that is good for some but seriously, I thought the reason apple stuff is so great is because they have all these little features that is unique and lot of coolness goes in no matter how insignificant it is.(and yes of course software/hardware is cool stuff , it goes without saying)

I am kinda bummed out about this.

IN FACT, I strongly suggest someone recompile and put old intro back into the lion installation. I even would take that.

4. FroMann macrumors 6502

FroMann

Is a introduction video really that important?

5. jvmxtra, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011

jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

To me it is. It shows that apple really care about every little piece.

Say 90% of the crowds do not care for intro video but 10% love them(100% being apple customer). Why would they not create a new one and put them in?

Intro video to uninitiated creates this cool and unique feeling of getting into mac experience from the begininng.

Another words, should have spend sometime to create some cool intro. I do not understand why that wasn't done.

Now another downside is say windows 8 comes out w/ some cool intro... Instead of mac can claim that win is copying it, when mac tries to put back intro to their next os, from some uninformed customer's eyes, mac is copying it.

I know.. these are very minor stuff but I care. I really do.

In fact, I really do not understand. That is the only time they can play the cool introl. Just one time at the begining. Why skip this?

Steve??????? Is this guy no longer in control of every facet of apple operation? Is this why we are losing the edge?(ok somebody stop me if I am going over board :)

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I agree, but with everything Apple does, there's a reason.

I would have loved to see a new intro video, but maybe Apple feels it wastes people's time who just want to get started using it. (I'm not one of those - I like the intro video!)

7. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Go watch it on youtube and pretend its on your computer. Or, go download it, and play it on your computer.

8. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

ok, I will shut up after this comment as I am sure this is stupid but we are talking about less than 30 sec intro video. 99% of people on this earth waste lot more on daily basis doing completely nothing.(like me posting this type of stuff and rambling on and on.. :)

but bottom line: I do not appreciate not getting a new intro.. apple step up and get them in( outro ? do something )

9. applefan289 macrumors 68000

btw, where's that avatar from? Very unique. :)

10. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1180270

11. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

12. Wormald macrumors regular

The digital download aspect has got to be a part of it - why make the Lion download ~300MB plumper for the sake of something the user sees only once?

13. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

im guessing that apple excluded the video because it would simply add to the download. from 3.45 GB to idk about 5+?

i cant be 100% sure, but the video looks like a huge ass file, not some itty bitty thing.

but to make up for it, maybe you should make a lion video, just for fun, and watch it over and over again :)

14. applefan289 macrumors 68000

That's what it is. Never thought of that. You hit the nail on the head. :)

15. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    My first Mac was a G5 iMac running Tiger. I was tickled silly when this brand-new machine had this really cool intro "welcome" video. Loved it! It made this new experience for me (making the leap from years of using Windows into this new, unknown territory called "the Mac") even more special. Enjoyed the intro for Leopard, too, but not quite as much -- music wasn't quite as catchy somehow......ditto for SL. I have to admit that it never occurred to me yesterday while installing and running Lion for the first time that there was no intro. Well, I guess that's gone by the wayside. Too bad..... In the meantime I've still got the Tiger intro in my iTunes library and can enjoy it whenever I like.

16. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

OH well guys.. i just wanted to rant among all my fellow osx'ers...(is that even a .. never mind).

Taking space make sense from download perspective.. but honestly?we are downloading 3.4 gig.. what's another 300 MB? No option to just link it and stream somehow?

Anyway.. thanks for all your input.. just wanted to drag this on a bit.. cause I miss it so much(only for the first time when lion boots for the first time)

@applefan289, google go mi nam
    She's an actress name "park sin hye" from korea.. my favorite~~

17. seong macrumors 65816

seong

haha, I was expecting this to happen, but I was hoping that Apple will at least include some new intro video for the GM. When the report said there wasn't any, I hoped it would be in the official release. Didn't happen :(

18. iL15hts macrumors member

iL15hts

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe they just saving the space for the installer. SL is 6gb if im not mistaken, while Lion only 3.5gb

19. macmongral macrumors member

It is NOT designed for a clean install it designed as a update OS so no intro its not required nor is the setup account page because its been done on SL

that why they have removed the video it also make the HD foot print smaller the same with the absence of printer drivers ( that where out of date anyway )

Apple have made a good job with this complex task , and people go out of their way to work round thing because they think they know better than the programers who designed the OS

IMHO if you do not like Lion then do not upgrade stick with SL :D

20. GuerillaTech macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

There is an intro video if you do a clean install. No music accompanying it this time though.

21. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

You mean that obnoxious video that plays at the startup for the first time with welcome in like...a million different languages? When all I really needed was one?

Yeah...

Waste of space and time..