Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ivan0310

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hehe :p
screenshot20110308at108.png

Show off...

mrrydogg

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
Bay Area
Theoretically it could come out early...Apple's iOS page just says it's "coming soon" and lists no dates.

Although, either way it's a matter of hours and days...nothing to get crazy abooot.

aplqna

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Maryland
Yeah, those people don't know anything except things related to "help desk".

Well, I originally thought the employee featured in the article did just lie and speculate .... but perhaps someone alerted the rest of them not to say anything about the release or their ass would be fried like Darren R.!

jvendryes

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
Anyone know that 3rd party website that automatically checks Apples update servers for new versions of iOS?

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
Dear Darren, will the Powerbooks G5 sport dual cores Freescale processors or some new IBM designs?

Andronicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2008
And when tomorrow comes the BGR headline that macrumors puts up will be "no iOS 4.3 till tomorrow?". Hell they have to get it right one of these times. :rolleyes:

EatingApples

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Some say

Some say that iOS will be released at 3PM PST.

But guess that is BS too. Why even care. Friday is the day! And it is not revolutionary stuff we are talking about! Relax, take a cup of coffee and get back to work!

saxofunk

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
Denver, CO
how does this have any weight?

If emails from Steve Jobs are often questioned, how does some lowly home agent have any bearing on what's happening? This person has no idea what he's saying, and even if he's wrong, what would the consequence be? There would be no repercussions at all.

I'm not sure how this sort of claim makes the front page, Arn?

dpilk

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Poor Darren R.

I'm a big fan of when Apple reps drop info for all of us geeks, but I always feel bad when the screenshot is posted with the rep's actual name. The poor kid is probably not making a ton of money and outing him for a slip up is probably going to cost the kid his job - or at least prevent any kind of promotion or significant raise.
We're all capable enough to blur out the names, lets try not getting people fired for rumors about impending updates. The iPhone 5 this is not.

marcb90

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Faaaail

I say FAIL.

Probably Darren R. is now going to get his house raided by the police for revealing confidential Apple information. As if it mattered when 4.3 came out... Gee, it aint going to be THAT fantastic...

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
No iOS till the 11th. Just like Jobs said. Why all this BS?

Agreed. It will be available on the day it's available on the new hardware. Updates are often only available AFTER the revision is available on new hardware. So getting it the same day is a perk, really.

jdwusami

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
Michigan
Looks like they are telling the support staff not to say anything or you just got a person that did not know what they were talking about.

When I talked with Brentt M. he said "As of now, there is no information regarding the date and time available for the iOS 4.3 release. I would recommend that you come back closer to the 11th, to check on this information."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.