No iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Since most of what has been announced wont be available until the fall, anyone else think there won't be an iPhone 5S (maybe due to how well the new androids are doing) that they will probably not release an iPhone this year, and wait till next June to release the iPhone 6?

2. SONiC5 macrumors regular

I highly doubt Apple will go nearly 2 years without an iPhone refresh.

3. j0han macrumors 6502

j0han

i want to get back to Appletrain right away, currently having my Galaxy S3, but tired of Android OS now, the apps etc..

5S in September? or do you think they'll skip it for the 6?

4. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

iPhone 4

5. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Sept or Oct release of the iPhone 5S. Patience people

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

They only went a couple of months past the summer into the fall.

Ever since the launch of the iPhone 4S, Apple has moved the iPhone launch to the fall, to co-incide with the annual Fall iPod/Mac Hardware press event. They have also moved the iPad family to around the same time. iOS 7 being available in the fall is specifically because they are launching the new devices at the annual summer event.

Back when the iPhone was launched at WWDC, iOS was previewed earlier in the month. iOS 2, 3, and 4 betas all came out in the winter or very early spring, before WWDC, when the phone that matched that version respectively launched.

We will see the next generation this fall.

7. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

Why would they not release an iPhone (5S or 6) roughly a year after the 5?

They have done every year since the first one...

In case you didn't notice it's only been 9 months since the 5. It'll be 2-5 months before the next one.

8. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Umm, I'd say you've drawn exactly the wrong conclusion from your first sentence. iOS7 is coming in the fall and, historically, that's always meant a new set of hardware to go with it usually with new unannounced features that require that hardware. Frankly September / October makes more sense for a new phone release anyway as you're on the run to the holiday season.

9. RichardF macrumors 6502a

RichardF

To coincide with the release of iOS 7...

10. 617aircav Suspended

What a preposterous assumption. Apple release a phone every year, that's a gimme. Your reasoning is comical. They won't release a phone because android is doing well. Is apple not doing well too?

11. Aston.Zagato macrumors member

Predicting a late Sept "special event" with an Oct release of iPhone 5s, iOS7, Maverick and Mac Pro.

It will be a busy "fall" this year!

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am not sure I understand the OP's logic. "There will be no new iPhone because of how well android phones are doing"...

13. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

iPhone 5S (or whatever name they call it) will be announced sometime in September.

14. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

ftfy :)

15. aluren macrumors 65816

I wonder if Craig got some beef for saying that iOS 7 will make your iPhone like a completely new phone. I'm sure Apple thought about it and hence will not let us update until after the 5S is released.

16. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

iPhone 5S will be released in the fall and will be the first pre-loaded with iOS 7.

17. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I miss the early summer releases. It is an ideal time with schedules lightening up in the work world and the education field shutting down.

18. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Idk if some of you have realized, but... New iOS software releases EVERY YEAR at or around the same time as a new iPhone.

Apple does the same thing every year and some of you are extremely confused for some reason.

iPhone 5S and iOS 6 September. New iPads after.

19. borcanm macrumors regular

They announced iOS7, how can they not have a new iphone to match.

20. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Late August will probably be when they announce the new device or early September. Keep calm folks we go through this every year...

21. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You've been a member since 2010 and need to ask this?

22. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

It's hilarious how many people here don't know or have to ask about when an iPhone 5S is coming......

How about looking to the last two years as a clue? Despite the fact that we can't know anything for sure, using the fact that the last two years have seen iOS anouncements at WWDC and the iPhone release in late Sept/early Oct, I think it would be safe to assume we'll see a keynote in late Sept/early Oct announcing the next iPhone with its subsequent release a week or so later along with the release to public of iOS 7.

23. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Hopefully a retina iPad Mini is part of this "special event" too.

24. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Rumors lately have hinted the Mini w/ Retina display will not be ready until a few months after the new iPad release.