Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
anyone else think there won't be an iPhone 5S (maybe due to how well the new androids are doing) that they will probably not release an iPhone this year, and wait till next June to release the iPhone 6?
I'm sure you'll find those that do. I don't. You can find people with all sorts of crazy opinions. I find looking at history to be more useful.

Hype2k2

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, Texas
bidness skool

----------

Except you're forgetting that all manufacturers have to deal with lead time. It's not like android manufacturers can just take what apple announced yesterday and produce a device in a month that trumps it....

Not to mention most of the stuff we're getting in iOS 7 was/is already in Android (coworker just sent me this link: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/10/ios7-vs-android-a-quick-comparison-after-the-wwdc-keynote/ ) I'm not complaining or saying someone copied someone else... just simply stating that the software changes that apple has announced greatly overlap what's already available in Android. And the hardware (iPhone 5s?) doesn't seem to matter since the software will be fully capable of being run on existing apple hardware.

I guess I just don't see what Apple is losing in the 4 months between this announcement and the launch of the new iPhone. They're still going to sell 4-7 million the first 3 days they're available...
You do realize half of those features that Apple "ripped" off were jail broken app before Android had them. All tech companies rip off each other.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
bidness skool

----------

Except you're forgetting that all manufacturers have to deal with lead time. It's not like android manufacturers can just take what apple announced yesterday and produce a device in a month that trumps it....

Not to mention most of the stuff we're getting in iOS 7 was/is already in Android (coworker just sent me this link: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/10/ios7-vs-android-a-quick-comparison-after-the-wwdc-keynote/ ) I'm not complaining or saying someone copied someone else... just simply stating that the software changes that apple has announced greatly overlap what's already available in Android. And the hardware (iPhone 5s?) doesn't seem to matter since the software will be fully capable of being run on existing apple hardware.

I guess I just don't see what Apple is losing in the 4 months between this announcement and the launch of the new iPhone. They're still going to sell 4-7 million the first 3 days they're available...

You do realize half of those features that Apple "ripped" off were jail broken app before Android had them. All tech companies rip off each other.

Your reply was to the EXACT point I was specifically NOT trying to make. Good work.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
OP did you not watch the keynote yesterday? Where do you get the idea that android is doing well?

I get the feeling you just wanted to air this illogical post due to the fact that no iphone 5s was mentioned. Which if you follow previous WWDC announcements a new upcoming iphone is never mentioned in the first place.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
OP did you not watch the keynote yesterday? Where do you get the idea that android is doing well?

Yes, the best way to find out if a company is doing well is to have their competitor talk about them. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that keynote had no information of value when it comes to how well Android is doing, unless of course you consider the fact that Apple felt the need to even mention them, in which case they are likely doing a whole lot better than Apple wants you to think. Notice how they don't ever speak of windows phone or blackberry? Why is that? Because they aren't a threat at all, as they currently stand. Anyone who is able to convince themselves that Android is not doing well is honest delusional.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yes, the best way to find out if a company is doing well is to have their competitor talk about them. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that keynote had no information of value when it comes to how well Android is doing, unless of course you consider the fact that Apple felt the need to even mention them, in which case they are likely doing a whole lot better than Apple wants you to think. Notice how they don't ever speak of windows phone or blackberry? Why is that? Because they aren't a threat at all, as they currently stand. Anyone who is able to convince themselves that Android is not doing well is honest delusional.

Yeah I noticed the metric where Windows Phone was actually ahead of Android (I think it was customer satisfaction), they still didn't mention Windows phone by name. Just said "those other guys".

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
My phone upgrade is today. Don't know if I should wait for the 5S or just get the 5 :eek::(

How is your iPhone 4S holding up. If its holding up well then stick with it and upgrade when the 5s comes out. If its not holding up well then upgrade to the 5. The end of the day the 5s will just be a minor speed bump.

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2011
How is your iPhone 4S holding up. If its holding up well then stick with it and upgrade when the 5s comes out. If its not holding up well then upgrade to the 5. The end of the day the 5s will just be a minor speed bump.

Not holding up very well. Sleep/Wake button has been broken for 6 months. And is having hiccups loading every app:mad::(

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ

The OP's thoughts aside, would you expect Apple to present favorable information about Android at their keynote? No, they're going to work it to make themselves look better.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
The OP's thoughts aside, would you expect Apple to present favorable information about Android at their keynote? No, they're going to work it to make themselves look better.

Hehe yeah guess you have a point :D

----------

Not holding up very well. Sleep/Wake button has been broken for 6 months. And is having hiccups loading every app:mad::(

Hmm if I was you. I would probably get the iphone 5 then. But then if you really want the iphone 5s you can easily sell the iphone 5 and then buy iphone 5s :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.