No iWatch leaks?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by cosmic68, Apr 22, 2014.

1. cosmic68, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

I find it strange that with so many iPhone 6 leaks (albeit unconfirmed), that there hasn't been a single leak of purported mould, or fascia or something.

Makes me think it's not going to happen?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

well if the iphone leaks are in fact real it is b.c production has started. That would probably mean the iwatch is slated for a later date.

3. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Who knows, but my guess is due to the nature of the design/use and manufacturing time/process/quantity, it's easier to contain. As with an Apple TV or something. As release gets closer maybe we'll see more.

4. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Yeah, I too thought the same thing as the OP.

Perhaps poster #2 is correct!?

5. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

that's because there is no iwatch coming this year, and there is no 5.5" iphone coming this year or next. everyone will have to wait until iphone 7 to see if apple decides to make anything bigger than a 4.7" screen.

6. Dave245 macrumors 601

While there have been no physical leaks, there has been an apparent leak of IOS 8 which has shown an app called "watch utility" this may point to the iWatch. Also health book which may be connected to iWatch.

It could be that Apple will release these features in IOS 8 ready for an iWatch launch in September along with the iPhone 6.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No facts to back that up !

I would bet that the iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen than the 5 or 5S.:p

8. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

This screenshot was fake.
    OT I think we will see the iWatch this year. We heard so much information about it and all this Healthbook thing indicates that around the release of iOS 8 Apple also will be releasing the iWatch.

9. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Year on year, Apple seem to have a incredibly hard time of hiding a final iDevice. I haven't noticed it happen so much with laptops/desktops etc.
    I've known well in advance what the last 4 iPhones would be like.
    Speculation is really high for the watch (as is interest).
    For a release in the last part of the year (like iPhone), when would Apple need to start the process?

10. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

It's funny how Apple joke about it, I know Steve jobs did and Phil Schiller did in the last iphone keynote haha

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

I didn't know it was fake, my mistake. But the health book is interesting and I hope your right that Apple will release the iWatch or even just announce it along side IOS 8.

Personally I think if they are putting all these features in (such as health book) then are getting ready to announce/release the iWatch. I just hope its not going to cost thousands as some "analysts" have been reporting.

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What you're missing is just how massive the phone market is compared to everything else.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2014/04/14/snell-wearable

Even if it's massively successful the watch will only sell a fraction of what the new phone does. Nothing to do with how good or bad it is, that's just the size of the interested market.

This means the iPhone needs months and months of pre-building to make enough for launch day whereas a watch can probably be started later this summer and still have enough time to make all they need.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I think the iWatch will be waterproof. Although I'm sure some people will complain of leaks.

And yes, mould will develop if water gets in!

14. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

"Thank you for coming, please try the chicken and don't forget to tip your waitress!' :D

15. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That could be very true, but I think the iwatch will sell like crazy just for the simple fact it is apple. If they make the mistake and think it will be a niche market, there will be massive shortages.

16. Lerxt macrumors member

17. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

2 things:

1: it's not in production stage yet, it's still in planning stages.
    2. it's not coming out this year. FAIL

I want the iWatch to come out this year tho to compete. I've waited long enough.

18. Dave245 macrumors 601

What makes you say this? There have been a lot of rumours that the iWatch will launch this year, possibly at WWDC but more likely in September. Even Tim cook promised new "product category's" in 2014.

19. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I didn't say it won't come out. I was implying the lack of leaks means one or the other. Not necessarily a bad thing but more like an inconvenience for people like me who like to buy apple products lol

20. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea me too, i'm hoping the iWatch is released along side the iPhone 6, because i want to buy both devices.

21. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I don't think we will see the watch this year.

22. Dave245 macrumors 601

What makes you say that? i think it depends how much time and resources they have put into it. Also how much has been given to the iPhone 6, i'm still hoping for screen options on that one and not just 4.7 on its own.

23. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

It's almost given that we will see the Healthbook App in iOS 8. That also means Apple has to release the iWatch :)

24. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Apple HAS to release the iWatch? I don't think they have to do anything.

25. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Thanks for just reading the 2nd sentence.