No Jet Black Plus on launch day...why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeyabi, Sep 9, 2016.

1. joeyabi macrumors newbie

joeyabi

No one has a delivery date of the 16th for the Jet Black Plus. My email timestamp is 12:02 AM and my delivery is still the 26th...

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

A few people got a launch date for the Jet Black. Remember like all the past launches apple always overshoots it's delivery date. As well people cancel orders to change to a different phone or billing doesn't go through.

3. joeyabi thread starter macrumors newbie

joeyabi

I got launch day for the non Plus Jet Black. Not for the Plus though. I haven't seen a single person with launch day delivery for the Plus Jet Black.

4. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I think the specific model at issue is the 128GB Jet Black Plus. Some early people buying the 256GB got a Jet Black Plus for 16th delivery date.

5. joeyabi thread starter macrumors newbie

joeyabi

Oh damn. Wish I got the 256 then...

6. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Even if Apple only Has 2 of them to sell for the Entire USA they legally can say they are available. But VERY few people Got them for 2 Reasons

#1. Low Supply Quality control is more Strict many are rejected for Having Scratches
    #2. Less of them are Made not offered in 32GB (biotch sizes)

Still even so Scratch Gate will hit us next week When Furiuous People will open new Jet Black iPhone 7s and 7 Plus with Scratches out of the box. And not enough Supply Until January 2017

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Looks like supply is just extremely limited for launch day.

Considering the jet black has some additional manufacturing steps, this is to be expected. Not to mention the expected flawless aesthetic will certainly result in a high rejection rate during QA.

8. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen anyone for the 256 either. Just the plain black or the normal 7

9. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

There's a master thread for the 256 club or something like that where a small number of people have posted that they got the 16th delivery date.

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one 256GB. I almost ordered that one and changed my mind last minute.

11. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

I ordered IPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256gb and also got the September 26 - October 3 ship date. It also said underneath the dates that it would ship in 1-2 weeks. I know in years past people have received later dates but had their ship dates moved up to release day. So I'm hoping for this to happen as well. Time will tell. Fingers crossed!

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Is this your first year?

Every year there is a color or model that Apple has very few of and I would have bet it would be this new jet black color.

13. redman042 macrumors 68020

They are still being spit-shined in a warehouse somewhere in China.

But seriously, I suppose either Apple under-estimated how popular this new color would be (my wife and I both ordered that color), or the special manufacturing process isn't totally efficient yet.

Also I keep reading posts where people say Apple's delivery dates are conservative and they will probably beat them. Don't count on it. I've been preordering iPhones every year since the 3G, and have never received one prior to the date range provided, especially when there's a backlog like this. It does happen, but I have not found it to be widespread.

14. pkmaximum macrumors newbie

pkmaximum

I got the normal sized iPhone 128gb Jet Black for September 16th ship date. I placed my order at like 3:05am EST (when pre-orders just opened).

15. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I placed my order as soon as the app would open on my iPad (3:10AM wouldn't open sooner, I tried), but setting up the Apple Upgrade Program for the first time slowed the process down. October 4-10 ship date.

After getting up at 3AM and not being able to fall back to sleep after, I'm not very happy today. So tired...

16. gim macrumors 6502

gim

I don't believe anybody got a Jet Black for the 16th, so I would be very happy if you all prove it with some screenshots.
    I ordered 1 minute earlier than you, and my normal size iPhone 7 Jet Black is not coming before September 26.

17. projectfx macrumors regular

thats not true, i had the opportunity to both pick up in store and order online the regular 7 jet black last night. its the plus that is nowhere to be found. no screenshots, but i have no reason to lie as i sit here and wait for october.

18. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I upgraded from the AUP link and from the second the the store opened in the app there were no 7+ phones available in either blacks. Either my local stores got none or they hadn't allocated any for people upgrading through AUP. Very disappointing.

19. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

20. gim macrumors 6502

gim

The CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) model?
    That's the only thing that would convince me, as I know people who ordered within 2,5 minutes, and all of them got the delivery frame starting September 26. But that's for the international, GSM only model (your AT&T/T-Mobile model). As the CDMA model is only sold in very few countries, there could've been less demand for the very low Jet Black stock for release day.

21. projectfx macrumors regular

there were def regular black 7+ available, in fact as i was scrambling for the JB i kept going back to the regular black...it was there for the taking probably between 3 and 3:30...i dont recall if i was looking for store pickup or online purchase.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    yes verizon.

22. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Here you go! Ordered at 12:12 PST prep.png

23. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Thanks! 8 minutes later than me, yet you get it earlier. Why?

24. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I probably edited while you were typing. 12:12 PST is when I got my confirmation email.

25. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I joined the AUP last year and the way it works when you're upgrading is once the app tells you you're eligible to upgrade the app forces you to the reservation site where you have to pick your local store and pick from the available phones. Two local stores in my area, that I was wiling to go to, had none of the blacks available for the 7+. There isn't a shipping option when upgrading on AUP unfortunately.