No left side issue here. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daitalianjob, Jun 24, 2010.

1. daitalianjob macrumors regular

Is anyone else not having the issue with the signal loss? My phone is working just fine and I've held it every different way and squeezed n turned wifi off and on and no matter what it's full bars! I'm happy :) but how about you guys? Anyone else having no issue?

2. oldschooldude macrumors regular

I'm having a non-issue. in fact, I tried duplicating the problem and I get an extra bar sometimes. I was never able to lose a bar.

I guess I am lucky.

3. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

Same here I tried everything to make it Lose bars and nothing happened

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

5. veedubdrew macrumors regular

I can't make mine do it either. I've held and squeezed every which way and the reception is great. Even when I mimic the YouTube video nothing changes.

I couldn't be more pleased with the new iPhone (so far).

6. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

Me neither :) I love this phone. Just did a 30 min FaceTime session with my best friend and it's so awesome!

7. Built macrumors 68020

8. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

9. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

At first I couldn't replicate the issue, but it turns out I wasn't waiting long enough for the signal to drop. Takes about 5 or 10 seconds. Hand on, lose 2-3 bars. Hand off, they return. Haven't gotten "no signal" yet...

10. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Tried to replicate the issue many times here, cant do it. Phone works perfect!!!!

11. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

No issue. I have a long appendage which must act as an antenna.

12. me2000 macrumors 6502

Me and my roommate tried duplicating the issue earlier... we couldn't.

13. Haxoware macrumors member

non-issue I think People are trolling I got 2 and work 100%:apple:

14. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Hmmm.... is it possible that this hardware design flaw is only magnified by AT&T's RF signals? Meaning, this problem is only big in the US?

15. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in the US

16. dmx macrumors 6502

It may have something to do with the strength of the signal.

I have 5 bars 3G here, but when I do the seam test, I drop to Edge.

I drove to a larger city earlier today, and tried it, and didn't lose any signal at all. I'm guessing the signal was much stronger there. (Especially being near an Apple store - I would think that they ensure the signal is great around them)

17. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in a suburban area near farms n whatnot in southern NJ

18. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I'm not having the issue and I'm PISSED! I'm always looking for something to gripe about and now I've been denied a right to participate in all the torch lighting and pitchfork sharpening!

19. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

i dont have the issue, ive posted enough pics and even a vid in the other thread, but clearly the FUD and trolls have taken it over.

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

this made me laugh.

If this is a hardware issue based on completing a circuit, how could it not happen on 100% of phones? What's different about the ones that aren't experiencing this problem?

21. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

22. rritterson macrumors 6502

My phone does it sometimes, sometimes not. I wonder if it depends on the 3G frequency you're using at a given moment.

It also seems to be orientation dependent, in that if the phone is fully horizontal it seems to happen more often/easily, whereas if vertical it doesn't happen nearly as often.

23. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

mine definitely goes down a bar when death gripping the antenna gaps, maybe sometimes two

but ive done countless speed tests in that position as well as laying flat with 5 bars and the up and down is equally as fast.. around 1300/1000

i might get a bumper just so i dont become OCD and look at bars all day haha

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I can reproduce it if I try but I raelly don't think it will be near as big a problem as people are making it out to be. I won't deny that for some people it probably will be a big problem (Depending on the signal in their area and how they prefer to hold the phone).

But honestly... I have to try to get it to do it.

Of course, I'll give it some time of normal use to see if it affects me or not (right now everyone just got the phone so they're paying more attention to it, experimenting with it, trying out their new toy, and being a lot more scrutinizing. And htat includes me, I always am that way when I first get a new gadget). For me what is important in the end is if it will affect my normal use of it.