No limit on Get Info windows in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by netnothing, Oct 9, 2009.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but there is a change in the max number of Get Info windows displayed at once in Snow Leopard.

Under Leopard, if you selected (I think) 11 or more files or folders, and did a Get Info on the set, Leopard would default you to a single Get Summary Info window.

This isn't the case in Snow Leopard. If you select 50 files/folders and choose Get Info, you'll get 50 Get Info windows.

Not sure if the change is intentional or not. Kind of annoying though.

-Kevin

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Select the files you wish to have a summary "get info" on. Hold down the "option" key and you will see "Show Inspector" (either Finder > File > Show Inspector, or right-click on your selections).

I think this is what you're after. And, you're right, as far as I can tell, there's no automatic summary "get info".

3. moongravy macrumors member

moongravy

Hmm, 73 now looks to be the magic number. Odd choice.

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

gr8tfly has the best solution, IMO: use Cmd+Opt+i and it'll pop a single inspector window :)

5. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yeah, I knew about the options to get the Inspector and Summary Info....I was just pointing out that Snow Leopard doesn't force it now like Leopard did. In Leopard it was kind of like a fail safe.....because opening that many Get Info windows is kind of pointless.

Interesting. Very odd number to choose.

-Kevin