Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
Perhaps they'll be sensible and skip Penryn and adopt Montevina early, in April. Do that and the GeForce 9 will be ready. Those two and you've got a case redesign guaranteed.

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
What you have to understand is that alot of rumours point to Apple were meant to be releasing an updated MBP around MWSF but they had to use ALL resources to get the MacBook Air done.

I don't think they ever planned to release the MBP in February or March, but the MacBook Air, plus the delay with the Penryn Processors hasn't really helped much has it?

Therefore, for this update, anything's possible, and I think as a strategy, Apple are looking to introduce something new every month, if not every week (afterall, for the last 3 Tuesdays we've had, new Mac pro, MWSF, and the Pink iPod Nano).

Just be patient guys!

Kyttlin

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
Perhaps they'll be sensible and skip Penryn and adopt Montevina early, in April. Do that and the GeForce 9 will be ready. Those two and you've got a case redesign guaranteed.

Won't be possible to adopt Montevina that early. Earliest is May 08, thats the slated release date from Intel.

BluePAZ

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2007
Won't be possible to adopt Montevina that early. Earliest is May 08, thats the slated release date from Intel.
Maybe Apple got Intel to rush Montevina like they got them to shrink the Merom processor for the Air.

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
If you follow the Market..

Apple needs to do something quick to help their falling stock price. Delaying the update until April, two months after PC manufactures will have started cranking out the new Penryns, is fiscal insanity:eek:

Chances are, no new MBP by the end of February, and Apple loses my money. Those Sony FZs look good enough to me, especially if I can get one with Penryn by then.

.. you will realize this is an INSANE statement.. :p

APPLE will be fine if they crank out some Good New Products when ready... Buy It if ya Need It, as always!!:rolleyes:

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Apple needs to do something quick to help their falling stock price. Delaying the update until April, two months after PC manufactures will have started cranking out the new Penryns, is fiscal insanity:eek:

Chances are, no new MBP by the end of February, and Apple loses my money. Those Sony FZs look good enough to me, especially if I can get one with Penryn by then.

Apple is doing quite well financially. Their stock price went way over valued and is now correcting back to reality (probably a little low now). The last thing they should do is freak out and start shooting out inferior products to temporarily boost their share price :)

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Apple is doing quite well financially. Their stock price went way over valued and is now correcting back to reality (probably a little low now). The last thing they should do is freak out and start shooting out inferior products to temporarily boost their share price :)

You keep smiling then.

I may be just one person, but I mean business. Enough ppl like me, and Apple is gonna hurt. Get the frigging Penryn MBPs (with a user replaceable hdd) out there already, Apple!!! I don't care if the case doesn't look much different than the current one, or if there aren't any "gestures". No MBP by end the end of February, and I'll "gesture" Steve (can you read between the lines?).

Golcondio

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2008
Italy
I may be just one person, but I mean business. Enough ppl like me, and Apple is gonna hurt.
The point is, it seems that there are more people out there that AREN'T like you, and who are buying new MBPs, refurb MBPs, and even MBAs like never before (ok, that's an hyperbolic statement, but I liked how it sounded)!

Rich89

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2007
In 6 days one is 6 days old, the other 12.
At day 1, one is fresh out of the oven, the other 6 days old. Enjoy your mold...:(
:eek:

I think your taking that comment a bit too seriously, unless we're actually talking about bread, in which case, carry on....

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
The point is, it seems that there are more people out there that AREN'T like you, and who are buying new MBPs, refurb MBPs, and even MBAs like never before (ok, that's an hyperbolic statement, but I liked how it sounded)!

If you simply read through these forums, you will find that there are LOADS of people WAITING for the updated MBP's (as am I).

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I'm sorry, but MBAir has done nothing to change the perception among the analysts that Apple sales are headed down. Last time I checked the stock was down again today, even though the rest of the tech sector, MS included, is up.

What happened this week to AAPL makes no sense, but yet it did happen, is happening. I don't care how much cash Apple is sitting on, they still have to answer to their shareholders. The stock is not going back to $200 any time soon; still, it behooves Apple to at least do something to get a $10-$20 semi-sustainable bump soon, else every little bit of bad news will keep punishing the stock to an insanely unreasonable extent.
Let me guess...

You own AAPL stock and are upset by the price change, while at the same time the company fundamentals have not changed.

If this kind of stock price fluctuation bothers you and you have trouble sleeping, then maybe, just maybe, you should not be investing in individual stocks such as Apple. Rather you should be using some other market investing technique or using another vehicle for wealth accumulation. Something to think about.

Just be patient guys!
Good advice.

mrsollars

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
You keep smiling then.

I may be just one person, but I mean business. Enough ppl like me, and Apple is gonna hurt. Get the frigging Penryn MBPs (with a user replaceable hdd) out there already, Apple!!! I don't care if the case doesn't look much different than the current one, or if there aren't any "gestures". No MBP by end the end of February, and I'll "gesture" Steve (can you read between the lines?).

this just sounds ridiculous. i get so tired of these posts. if you are THAT unhappy with how Apple does business.....JUMP SHIP. there is nobody stopping you. if you love the fact that pc dump the latest processors in as soon as they're available...and you love the OS...and can't stand how apple is run....MOVE.

such repetitive bologna.

and the ''i may be just one person....'but with our powers combined'...'' stuff. that's tired too. it's been done. it's kiddish and corny sounds silly.

quit it. buy what you want. if you want apple, you'll have to wait. then end.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
The Penryn is going to run a lot cooler and will be lower wattage. These are sweet benefits for a MBP as they do run hot and their battery life has room for improvement.

I have a 2.33 15" and it is great, so I would never disparage the current MBP, but if I wanted a new one (which I don't), I would wait until the Penryns update is released if I didn't really need a new notebook right now.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Let me guess...

You own AAPL stock and are upset by the price change, while at the same time the company fundamentals have not changed.

If this kind of stock price fluctuation bothers you and you have trouble sleeping, then maybe, just maybe, you should not be investing in individual stocks such as Apple. Rather you should be using some other market investing technique or using another vehicle for wealth accumulation. Something to think about.

Um, you guess wrong. I do not own AAPL. I do not play the stock market at all. Seriously, I'm bound hand-to-foot by the vows of poverty, what being a carthusian monk and all that :)

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Um, you guess wrong. I do not own AAPL. I do not play the stock market at all. Seriously, I'm bound hand-to-foot by the vows of poverty, what being a carthusian monk and all that :)
Okay.

Then why do you care what AAPL stock price is? It really should not even matter to you then.

Apple the company is still doing fine and just released a whole knew line of Macs (the MBA line), plus some other good things. :cool:

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Okay.

Then why do you care what AAPL stock price is? It really should not even matter to you then.

Apple the company is still doing fine and just released a whole knew line of Macs (the MBA line), plus some other good things. :cool:

Where did I say I care? I don't give a rat's ass (not that a rat could own one ;)) about the stock price. I'm a consumer. I have certain needs, desires, cravings, right now. I want them fulfilled, right now! I know -- selfish, immature, etc. etc. :D

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
I don't think Apple will skip Penryn for the sake of Montevina. Remember how long it took for the MB to get Santa Rosa?

If we'll get an MBP update in Feb, we'll just see another one after the summer with Montevina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.