No mmorpg for macs?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dreamers5, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Dreamers5 macrumors newbie

I been playing on my windows pc and i was looking where is all the korean games for macs instead of using windows emulator they could have most of the korean makers create games macs and windows why is it so seperated and do not say go play wow.

2. Dreamers5 thread starter macrumors newbie

if you play a mmorpg they have a thing that can detect bootcamp and it is called gamegaurd or some fancy crap that would close the game down

3. oneeach macrumors member

?

No, seriously. '?'

Bootcamp is a utility that helps you setup your system to run Windows. You then reboot your computer and start Windows instead of OS X. GameGuard will stop you from running in an emulator, but bootcamp won't cause any problems.

That said, the drivers might. I've played WoW, City of Heroes/Villians, Aion and Warhammer on my MBP all under bootcamp with no problems.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You are confused. Bootcamp is an Apple utility that comes with the MacOS that allows you to partition your hard drive and install Windows- XP, Vista, or 7 your choice. You need a real copy of Windows and it plays Windows games and MMOs just fine.

BTW, you can play Eve Online with a native Mac client and there are others besides WoW. See these links: http://mmohut.com/editorials/mac-mmorpgs and http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/mac

5. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Warhammer Online also has a Mac client, although I believe it's a Cider port.

6. Durandal02 macrumors member

The original Lineage is available and has a universal binary I think.

7. TSE macrumors 68030

You can try EverQuest: Macintosh Edition.

It's one of the better ones made for Mac... has a small but dedicated community and is completely free for the first month + the software is free... after that it is $12 a month I believe.

8. doh123 macrumors 65816

9. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

There are about 5000+ different Korean MMOs (it's the only game type they play), but Macs are not in high use in Korea. Hence none of the games are released for Mac.

http://korea.gnu.org/openweb/1/saga.html Windows owns 99,4% marketshare :D

10. mixvio macrumors 6502

EVE's using a wrapper as well I'm fairly certain, it's not a native port.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope. Just... no.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sorry, I was being a little liberal with my terms. Just trying to say they would run under the MacOS.