Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acid159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Hi

I installed OS3 in my iPhone 3G but there is still no MMS there.. I tried checking Messages settings but it only has 2 options, one is "Show preview" and other is "Repeat Alert".

Can any one please help? My friends iPhone have same OS3 but he have an MMS sending option..

Thanks!

ps. my iPhone is jailbroken too!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hi

I installed OS3 in my iPhone 3G but there is still no MMS there.. I tried checking Messages settings but it only has 2 options, one is "Show preview" and other is "Repeat Alert".

Can any one please help? My friends iPhone have same OS3 but he have an MMS sending option..

Thanks!

Check if you have your MMS settings written. Just because you have MMS capabilities doesn't mean your settings will magically appear. In many case, you have to manually input those settings.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Hi

Thanks!

You'll need to tell people who your service provider is. I would assume you don't have the proper carrier file that your friend has. Why don't you just ask him where he got it? Or copy the settings that your friend has?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Hi

Thanks!

MMS is a standard part of iPhone OS 3.0 - it is a carrier-supported feature though so if your carrier doesn't support it you won't be able to send or receive them.

If the option is simply not there at all it's most likely something to do with the jailbreak.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
AT&T isn't supporting MMS until the end of summer. So if you are in the US, then that is probably why you don't have the option. Your friend probably did the carrier hack and added it to his phone. Ask him how he did it.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Read well, its not AT&T, not even in the US.

Read well? You sir, have no clue.

His profile says "Location: Saudi Arabia". This does NOT mean that he isn't from the U.S..... it just means he's in Saudi Arabia. Military much? He COULD have At&t....... but, let's say he doesn't.... jailbreak much?!

He never responded at all....so don't point out things that you don't know about anyway until the dude responds. DUH.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Read well? You sir, have no clue.

His profile says "Location: Saudi Arabia". This does NOT mean that he isn't from the U.S..... it just means he's in Saudi Arabia. Military much? He COULD have At&t....... but, let's say he doesn't.... jailbreak much?!

He never responded at all....so don't point out things that you don't know about anyway until the dude responds. DUH.

*sigh* Looking for a fight I see. Just because he has perfect English it must mean he is from the US or another English speaking country right? He has to be in the military right? No.

Also, check well, he explicitly mentions friends, meaning people in the same country. Also, that line of the friend has spell mistakes which are a sign of foreign accent. I should know... so in that sense, I rest my case.

Acid159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Stop fighting guys! ;)

I am not from US, have never been to US and certainly dont belong to US Armed forces! As my profile says, I am from Saudi Arabia :)

I dont get the MMS setting anywhere in the iPhone, I guess it's because of the the jailbreaking... maybe jailbreaking disabled my MMS because they want me to buy their crappy MMS programs and use them..

What do you think?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Just to check, if you look in Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network, does it have an MMS section in it? What settings does it have in it?

You may need to create a mobileconfig file, which you can do at help.benm.at

Acid159

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Just to check, if you look in Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network, does it have an MMS section in it? What settings does it have in it?

You may need to create a mobileconfig file, which you can do at help.benm.at

Hey,

I want to the section where you told and the MMS settings are there!! I see the following settings

-APN
-Username
-Pwd
-MMSC
...etc etc...

I am relieved to see this here! What next should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.