Resolved NO MORE COMMENTS NEEDED. thread resolved

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aPple nErd, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aPple nErd, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. aPple nErd, Jun 29, 2012

aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

1. Did you try another cord? I've been through a few myself.
    2. Did you check your connector port to make sure it's not damaged?

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you are troubleshooting, you have a list of possible solutions of the problem. If all she has to go on is that your iPod isn't charging, then someone has created some statistics like "3412 cases where the problem could be fixed by restoring. 2719 cases where the problem could be fixed by using a different charger. 4212 cases where the problem could be fixed by repairing the hardware".

With that information, you first try those that are common, easy to explain, and cost free for the user. So if my made up statistics were actually correct, then it would be common sense to ask you to restore the iPod, look if you have a different charger, and then take it to a shop for repair. In that order, because the most common fix is unfortunately more expensive (for the customer, and for Apple).

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Did you restore as new or from a back up. Problems can be carried over from an old back up.

6. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

This.

Though I would hope that option 2 (ask if you have a different charger) would be the first thing they ask!

7. aPple nErd, Jun 29, 2012

aPple nErd

8. diane143 macrumors 6502a

They should re-engrave it if you want, you'll just have to wait longer for your replacement

9. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

You're also much more likely to get a nicely engraved replacement rather than a "sorry, we just send you a new one" if you're nice to the tech support people.

Hopefully you were more courteous to them on the phone than you've been to them on this forum ;)

There's an old saying that will serve you well: you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

10. aPple nErd, Jun 29, 2012

aPple nErd

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How about you don't judge Apple by one product and we won't judge you over this thread?

12. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

haha very funny..... not. this is the third idevice replacement in 4 monts for me so no I'm not very happy right now

13. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

also, this is a forum meaning you can say what you want regarding the issue. I'm not judging an apple product I'm simply saying that my problem wasn't fixed by a restore. and that the apple advisor was wrong. so i don't know what you mean.

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

Way to delete all posts - now if someone in the future has a similar problem and decides to google it and lands here - they will see nothing but periods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.