NO MORE IPODs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by giacoff, Oct 5, 2007.

1. giacoff macrumors newbie

This was the last time i bought a ipod.
    A few days ago i bought the ipod touch, very cute bla bla bla...
    try to conect to itunes, problems start.
    my computer recognizes but i tunes nop, i had to reinstall delete everything that had itunes in the name of the file.
    And now finnaly itunes recognize, but wait...another problem.:mad: now itunes is asking me to install iphone software:eek:
    yes iphone software, i what again my ipod touch to see if i bought the correct one, and yes its IPOD TOUCH and no iphone so why iphone software?????

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Happened to me. I thought OK now what. Do you have an iTunes account? I did not, and once I created one, everything worked fine. Just a thought.

3. giacoff thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have an account.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

For starters, you don't even indicate what kind of computer you have, what operating system, whether you are running virus scanning software etc.

Hundreds if not thousands of people have had no problems getting their iPod Touches set up. So it's entirely possible that you have a problem with the computer you are trying to set this up on.

Have you tried to plug this into another computer that has iTunes installed on it? Have you tried taking it to an Apple store and seeing if they can get it working on their machines?

Seriously, if you are going to rant and rave at least try to provide some REAL info about the problem you are having.

5. giacoff thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey....try to read before do some snob threads.
    my COMPUTER RECOGNIZE, AND ITUNES ASK ME FOR THE IPHONE SOFTWARE WHEN I PLUG IN THE IPOD TOUCH. no computer problem ok??!!
    yes u are completely right milion of people have similar problems...and in your view the guilty is the dumb people and computers.correct??
    No i didnt plug in in other computers, i want this work in my computer not in my neighbour´s computer. and sadly today is holiday in my country because tomorrow i will go to a apple store, but even if they tomorrou fix the problem, mi idea will be the same, ipods are no good to use, a normal mp4 doesnt have so many problems belive me.

6. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

You still fail to provide us with information about your computer, including the operating system, whether it's 32 or 64-bit, and what version of iTunes you are running. Until you provide more information, I don't think anyone will be able to help you.

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Hey, glad that you don't want anyone to try to help you out. Yes, it probably IS your computer that's the problem, and if you provided more info we might be able to help you fix it.

I've been working in IT for over a decade and routinely fix things like this, and it's almost always that the person with the issue is missing service packs, drivers, has pirated software, viruses, etc.

This could affect any MP3 player, not just the iPod.

Grow up.

8. giacoff thread starter macrumors newbie

pentium 4 3.8 1gb ram 256 video
    windows xp sp2

i think u dont understand...IS NOT THE COMPUTER. ok??

9. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

"RarR Rar RWAR Wah Wah!!!111ELEVEN!!! Apple fault, not mine. Suxxx. Ignore people on forum trying to help me. Whine and cheese!!!11elEvEnn!!!"

You sir are a pain. You come on here shouting, ranting and raving. And when someone does have the patience to try to help, you shout your head off more.

I don't think it's a case of no one able to help you now, it's a case of nobody wanting to help you if that's the 5-year old attitude you're going to keep on having.

If you are going to calm down, (and I personally think you should appologise to jmpage2, but meh...) then you'll find we're more than willing to help!

10. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Do you meet all the system requirements? Current software? Current OS?
    Just a thought. I used to have issues with my first iPod when i was struggling to keep my outdated system. Just a thought.

11. willyu macrumors newbie

I agree... that's not an attitude of asking for help but anyways, I am only going to try to answer this once.

If you haven't already know, iPod Touch is pretty much an iPhone without a phone. For whatever reason, Apple quite rushed this and the IPT OS/iTunes was pretty much lots of copy and paste, bunch of take aways (like notes, calendar...etc) and one hell of a poorly tested software.

I am on Vista and XP. I know that on XP, if you use lower version of iTunes, XP will actually say it's a camera! (another proof that they used some kind of hack to force iTunes recognize it's a pod). On both versions, if you check the installed program on windows, ie. control panel -> add remove program, you'll notice that it installed a "Mobile device driver", which really is referencing to iPhone, but iPod need it to work too. And then there is that instant when you lock your iPod with a password and it would say "iPhone disabled" if you put in the wrong password more then 3 times... anyways, the list will probably go on and on with some that haven't been found yet.

That was a long rant. Anyways, the conclusion is, as long as your ipod touch is syncing and playing fine, don't mind what the computer say it is. I don't know if you are a programmer, but in software, those messages could be fixed into the program. When they modify the software for ipod, they might miss spots to rename the device. It's like using a form letter.

Hope that answers your question, and remember to be nicer next time if you are asking for help. but if you just want to rant, then this isn't quite the place to come. ;)

12. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

The computer meets the bare minimum, the iPod far exceeds them but the user is unfortunately, not compatible with technology. Or society :p

13. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

May [insert religion's creator] have mercy on his soul.

14. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Giacoff you need to calm down and let these people help you, your lucky they are even responding to you acting like that, grow up and fix the ****ing problem your self

15. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

The OP mentioned that he's in a foreign country. There's already an acknowledged issue with iPod touch failing to 'unlock' when connected to the PC if it is not an English language install of Windows.

I believe that the most recent iTunes release addresses the bug, however he could still be trying to run it on an unsupported language version or something along those lines.

16. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

How could you possibly know when then OP refuses to post any details? Guessing is just that...

17. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Hee miyut jus' b unejukatid n liv in Loo-ees-ee-an-na.

18. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

my guess is the os, probably a hacked version since every foreign country I've ever lived in had 99% hacked os's. i like how its NOT THE COMPUTER, OK??!!!

i would reinstall itunes or make sure I had the newest version.
    oh well

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Did you go and check every single computer in all the "foreign" countries you have lived in to get those highly accurate facts :rolleyes:

Or is it just another sweeping generalisation :D

20. iNeurox macrumors member

You're using a PC with Windows. That's the problem. You have viruses.

Get a Mac, only then will you see it all works perfectly ! :apple:

21. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

22. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

sigh...

Well, I was a computer programmer in both China, Tibet and India and every computer I used had an illegal version of windows on it. I also doubt that the original poster was from an English speaking nation. The way his English grammar was, suggested to me, that he was from an Asian nation(I realize these are all assumptions, so I'd rather not hear you try and 'call me out' again). In fact, while I was programming in far western china, I ordered a dell from the Dell China store for use in the office. As soon as it was delivered with a legal copy of XP pro, the office called in their computer guy and he installed a hacked version of XP on it which blew me away. Though I realize that every computer in those countries didn't have an illegal copy of windows on it and that I'm sure 99% is probably an exaggeration, I would say that it's at least 90%, unless they were hiding legal copies of the software somewhere. Thanks for correcting me on my obvious 'research' mistake...

Two comments:
    1. Why the crap did you feel the need to add quotations to foreign?
    2. Next time you try to insult someone, try spell check first.​

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Two answers:
    1. One persons foreign is another persons home :p
    2. Note the smilies, I was joking, no insult meant. I always spell check, using my British English spell-checker. It only finds an error if I spell it "generalization", but I suppose I live in a foreign country ;)

Attached Files:

24. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

He's just annoyed because his country is so backward it considers spelling mistakes like 'color' and 'ize/ization' to be correct. The mind boggles!