no More SSD...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Afbar1114, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Afbar1114, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

i am thinking of returning my SSD. i don't know if it really made a difference for me or not. i am going to be installing ML on my old HDD and see if i really notice a difference or not. if i do ill think about keeping it if not ill return it.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

You should notice a huge difference. Huuuuuuuuuuge.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you never noticed the difference, then having an SSD is a waste of $$ for you.

4. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

I didn't know it was possible to not notice a difference with an SSD... did you make sure the speeds checked out properly?

5. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Enjoy your beachballs.

6. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

If you didn't notice any performance change you got a defective SSD. The difference is quite obvious.

7. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

Very strange that you didn't notice a difference. when i installed mine programs opened instantly, i haven't seen an icon bounce in the dock since i put in the SSD. Also boot time went from over a minute to about 16 seconds.

Which SSD are you using? Is it SATA II or III?

8. Boiler macrumors regular

Do you mean worthy difference for your needs
    or plain difference?

9. Ifti macrumors 68000

Ive just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel in regards to the stock HDD speeds vs. a Samsung 830 SSD speeds. The difference is immense! Apps open much, MUCH, quicker, the whole sytem is nipper and quieter.
    I would be without.
    In the video I used Disk Speed Test to test the write and readspeeds of the stock HDD, an dthen the same test on the SSD. Watch it and then tell me there isnt a big difference! lol

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

What SSD are you using? I can't imagine not noticing a difference when using an SSD. If you're not launching a lot of programs or saving large files, stuff like that, then I suppose you might not notice the difference during your regular use. But at the very least you should notice a substantial difference in how quickly the computer boots up.