no More SSD...

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
i am thinking of returning my SSD. i don't know if it really made a difference for me or not. i am going to be installing ML on my old HDD and see if i really notice a difference or not. if i do ill think about keeping it if not ill return it.

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
i am thinking of returning my SSD. i don't know if it really made a difference for me or not. i am going to be installing ML on my old HDD and see if i really notice a difference or not. if i do ill think about keeping it if not ill return it.
If you never noticed the difference, then having an SSD is a waste of $$ for you.

riptideMBP

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2011
I didn't know it was possible to not notice a difference with an SSD... did you make sure the speeds checked out properly?

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Enjoy your beachballs.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010

If you didn't notice any performance change you got a defective SSD. The difference is quite obvious.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Very strange that you didn't notice a difference. when i installed mine programs opened instantly, i haven't seen an icon bounce in the dock since i put in the SSD. Also boot time went from over a minute to about 16 seconds.

Which SSD are you using? Is it SATA II or III?

Boiler

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
Do you mean worthy difference for your needs
or plain difference?

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Ive just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel in regards to the stock HDD speeds vs. a Samsung 830 SSD speeds. The difference is immense! Apps open much, MUCH, quicker, the whole sytem is nipper and quieter.
I would be without.
In the video I used Disk Speed Test to test the write and readspeeds of the stock HDD, an dthen the same test on the SSD. Watch it and then tell me there isnt a big difference! lol

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
What SSD are you using? I can't imagine not noticing a difference when using an SSD. If you're not launching a lot of programs or saving large files, stuff like that, then I suppose you might not notice the difference during your regular use. But at the very least you should notice a substantial difference in how quickly the computer boots up.