No music store update, iTunes 5 tomorrow?

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
As some of you have probably noticed, the music store has not updated today as it usualy does so do you think this means iTunes 5 tomorrow? If not 5, then like a 4.9.1?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Oz iTMS, pleeeeeaseeee..... iTunes 5 would be pretty sweet though, maybe on the 7th...

Hang on, it is the 7th!!! Oh, wait.... bugger...

Comment

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Yes could be just in preparation for tomorrow, intergration with the iTune phone from Motorola perhaps? (Although its rumored iTunes 4.9 has the intergration already!)

Hmmm...interesting, we can all hope its something fantastic and brilliant! :D

What time is this event supposed to be happening tomorrow anway? Thanks. :)

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
10am PSt i think, so 6pm GMT i think....

I could always be 4.9.1, with the ability to download songs from a mobile.
It could also be added support for new stores or new features.

Comment

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Sky Blue said:
10am PSt i think, so 6pm GMT i think....

I could always be 4.9.1, with the ability to download songs from a mobile.
It could also be added support for new stores or new features.
Thanks.

Yes, indeed, there seems to be a lot of sudden rumors about new iPods today due for tomorrow. New stores are always welcome (I feel for those who don't get iTMS yet!)

4.9.1...I would think thats more likely than 5, remember when Apple released the shuffle, they updated iTunes 4.7 to 4.7.1, just for the Autofill feature.

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I know there's loads of threads on itunes 5, but personally, i'd like nested fodlers (like iPhoto 5), the ability to fade songs in or out and Smarter Smart Playlists (ands/or)...

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
Isn't that what 'Crossfade Playback' does? (iTunes > Preferences > Audio > Crossfade Playback) :confused:
no, i mean the ability to pcik a certain song and say you want to fade in over the first 5 seconds and fade out over the last 10, for example....like if you have a live tracks and you want to remove the audience banter from the start/end.
current start/stop times is a bit abrupt.

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
broken_keyboard said:
Well the invite suggested something revolutionary, so... here's hoping.
it just apple trying to play up the fact that you can get iTunes on a phone.

Comment

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
dejo said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gapless playback! (for both iTunes and the iPod)
I finally have an album that needs this! It is the most annoying thing when it sounds like the song stops for a second then resumes.

Comment

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
killuminati said:
I finally have an album that needs this! It is the most annoying thing when it sounds like the song stops for a second then resumes.
I have a few CDs where two songs sort of need gapless playback so I just join them before I rip. Works easily enough in iTunes: Advanced menu>Join CD Tracks.

Comment