Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Do I need to swap my sim if I want to keep my number from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6? Is there a way not to swap and just have my number transferred to the new sim in iPhone 6?

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
That's what the Tmobile rep in the store did when i got my iP6 this morning. I actually just wanted to swap my sim out of my iP5, but he insisted it only take a few mins to transfer, and it did. He did it right there on the spot in maybe 2 mins total.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Yeah, I'm curious how to do this too. I just got mine and I can't swap SIMs because my iPhone 4s is a different size.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Yeah, I'm curious how to do this too. I just got mine and I can't swap SIMs because my iPhone 4s is a different size.

I just figured out how to do mine on T-Mobile. I went in to My Account, chose Phone from the top, hit Change Sim, I typed in the tiny number that from my SIM that came with my iPhone 6 and hit submit. Then I went back and updated which phone I had on the Phone settings page on their site so it showed my proper model. All done.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I just figured out how to do mine on T-Mobile. I went in to My Account, chose Phone from the top, hit Change Sim, I typed in the tiny number that from my SIM that came with my iPhone 6 and hit submit. Then I went back and updated which phone I had on the Phone settings page on their site so it showed my proper model. All done.

Is yours postpaid plan? Because I have prepaid and I don't have that option on the website. So i guess i'll probaly just call customer service and see if they can do it over the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.