Carrier No need to swap Tmobile SIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Sep 19, 2014.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Do I need to swap my sim if I want to keep my number from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6? Is there a way not to swap and just have my number transferred to the new sim in iPhone 6?

2. Billymac19 macrumors regular

Billymac19

just take sim out of 5s and put in 6, thats it...good to go

3. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

But what if i don't want to swap, isn't there a way to transfer my number instead to the new sim?

4. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

That's what the Tmobile rep in the store did when i got my iP6 this morning. I actually just wanted to swap my sim out of my iP5, but he insisted it only take a few mins to transfer, and it did. He did it right there on the spot in maybe 2 mins total.

5. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Is there a way to do this without going to the store?

6. munkydust macrumors member

Yeah, I'm curious how to do this too. I just got mine and I can't swap SIMs because my iPhone 4s is a different size.

7. munkydust macrumors member

I just figured out how to do mine on T-Mobile. I went in to My Account, chose Phone from the top, hit Change Sim, I typed in the tiny number that from my SIM that came with my iPhone 6 and hit submit. Then I went back and updated which phone I had on the Phone settings page on their site so it showed my proper model. All done.

8. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Is yours postpaid plan? Because I have prepaid and I don't have that option on the website. So i guess i'll probaly just call customer service and see if they can do it over the phone.