No new iphones in stores June 24-July 14

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by housemusic101, Jun 18, 2010.

1. housemusic101 macrumors newbie

If I preorder now, it won't ship till July 14th. So would I be wasting my time even trying to get one in the stores until July 14th? Why would the stores have them if your preorder doesn't ship till later? Think maybe they allocated some for both (preorders and store stock)? Still wouldn't make sense on your delay on the preorder. Would think preorder would come before store? Your money is good then. And if they have some at launch, then they would be depleted till July 14 anyways? Or maybe July 14th is a safe number, and will ship sooner once everything calms down?

2. fastblack macrumors regular

Your best bet is to show up at a store on the 24th around 5 am.
    Stores will always get a certain stock on hand, even if they wont be shipping in the online store till later.

3. Ethere macrumors member

Ethere

Also don't forget your local Radioshack, Walmart, or Best Buy. They won't have nearly the stock of the Apple Store, but at least you'll still have more options.

4. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

walmart would be your best bet since they didn't take pre orders.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

6. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

On June 25th the phones reserved at Apple stores for the 24th, but not picked up, will go on sale to anyone. I've seen a lot of posts here from people that ordered 2, or 3, or 4 and really only ordered one. A lot of them seem to be from kids who probably won't have the money to buy even the one if they can't turn their parents around in the next week.

It is worth a shot if you want one but not enough to brave the crowds on the 24th.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

From what I noticed and read here on launch day, Apple Stores get more stock every day. It isn't much( maybe 50-100 iPhones), but they do get more stock. Hell, when I got to the front of the line on the 3G launch day I noticed a delivery person deliver more items which looked to be more iPhones to the store.

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Another "who gave this person access to a computer" thread.

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

another "why are you so rude and even waste your time posting? why don't you just ignore threads that bother you?" post

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Because if those threads, and I'm just taking a guess that it is 70%+ weren't there, then it would be much easier to navigate the threads that actually contribute something and provide worthwhile and informative discussion. But that is just my opinion. There's nothing I can do about the fact that they let any 12 year old with a computer in here.

11. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

Ok? Then stop posting in them. You're only bumping this thread, thus cluttering your precious screen space! THE HORROR! THE HORRORRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! :D

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Stores will have a nice healthy supply of iPhones. Just be sure to get there before they run out.

13. masterlimp macrumors member

Is that all you can say? You remind me of a parrot.

Frankly, I wonder who gave YOU access to a computer? You better get off and go to bed before your parents find out your up past bedtime.

+1 . Now if only we could draw it out with crayons so he can understand - LOL.

14. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Thanks for saying that to him.

15. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

Just an FYI; WalMart will only have Balck 16 gig version available.

16. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

exactly!

i, too, get tired of some of the posts that i see and think "that's been answered a hundred times" but if i can't say something nice to the poster i move on...

however i have less tolerance for the nastiness and meaness of so many macrumors members... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD CLOSE IT AND MOVE ON!!! no one is forcing you to read them! if you don't want to answer the person's question, concern, thought(s) nicely... just leave them alone and go on to a thread that does interest you!

sheesh... it's not rocket science! and for god sakes... don't come into the "i got my tracking number thread" or whatever the heck it was called last year.... it may just make your head explode!

17. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Jacks Pickles, & Penis pumps. Can I slip you a pickle?

18. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I couldn't get exact numbers from friends who work at my local Apple Store, but they would acknowledge that they had at least 800 at launch of the 3GS, while friends at the AT&T store has 80 at launch day. Remember, they were the ONLY other retailer, and still the exclusive wireless carrier of the iPhone in the US. But, eighty?!

There's no way I'd be hitting any other retailer than Apple. It's not worth the risk if you end up on a moderate-sized line in a third-party retailer.

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Try a WallMart or RS in a poor section of your town or a small town.

20. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I'm also planning to pray to Steve Jobs and email God. I want to cover all the bases.

:D

21. Built macrumors 68020

Thanks for speaking up, caligurl. I can't believe how rude people are on here. There is a silent majority out there who are afraid to even post legitimate questions because of all the bullying, especially in the last few days.

To the OP...If previous years' iPhone launches are any indication, Apple stores will continue receiving shipments daily. The Apple Store retail section, again in previous years, had a "tool" you could use to determine if the Apple Store of your choosing had stock, or was expecting stock.

If I were you, I would see how it goes the first few days after launch, and then decide. Chances are, even then, if you were to decide to preorder, that you would be able to get a July 14th delivery date.

Good luck!

22. xaquaticx macrumors regular

That's pure gold. That could cover about any Apple gripe ever! Clever wording, too. Added to sig, sir.

23. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If you really want one bad enough, go to one of the larger Apple stores and get in line early, as in 3AM, and you will have a pretty good chance I would think.

24. CJayC macrumors 6502

Never read a better reply.

25. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

No, you're quite wrong (OP).

It is cheaper for Apple to ship a phone to one of its stores than to send it to your house. Also, from a business standpoint, it makes more sense to allocate most of its stock to stores. Those who order online already know that they want the phone, while stock in stores may nab some impulse purchasers.