No New Phone Design this Year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Mar 17, 2017.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

So, I have been reading that the so-called "iPhone 8" will not be released this year and instead we will get the same design since 2014 with the 7S and 7S Plus. That kind of sucks that we are basically getting the same phone just with a different home button.

2. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

well Who knows for now,let's just wait and see what apple brings to the table this September

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, might be time to be looking at the Android phone!;)

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

You realize that the phones are half a year away and that everything is speculation and guesses at this point, right? Just in the past week many rumours have emerged about the so-called "iPhone Edition". There's no point in getting disappointed or excited about anything 6 months before the product is officially revealed, and probably still a few months before there are even substantiated design leaks. It's like worrying about whether it will be a white Christmas in June.

5. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

Let me preface this by saying I base this on absolutely nothing, but I would be very surprised if there was not at least 1 iPhone model with a new design this year.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I don't know if all the current rumors are true. However, I do believe we will see 3 new iPhones with the 10th anniversary phone showcasing a new design.

7. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

My thoughts are Apple will retain the 4.7/5.5 LED models, with addition of the 5.8 OLED model. Eventually all models will lead to OLED, aside from the SE, which I believe will retain LED to maintain the affordable price point.

8. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

God I hope they keep the same design so I can use the same **** load of cases I got for my 7 lol

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

10. foxconn Suspended

i hope they keep the same design to see people crying about it on here. you can tell most weren't raised right because when they don't get it their way they'll complain, and complain... and complain.

11. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Or maybe we were and some were just raised to be pushovers? I think it's about time for a drastic redesign, and I don't think that's asking too much of a multibillion dollar company after this much time.

12. foxconn Suspended

lol maybe :p

i don't really care because they're gonna make the phone unusable without a case anyways, so it will be in a case.

13. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Probably not reading right...

14. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Could it be the reason this forum is called "Macrumors"?

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Nothing wrong with rumours and speculation, but some people draw conclusions way too soon, like declaring what design will/won't appear half a year in advance and complaining about it.

16. cynics macrumors G4

People won't be satisfied until their phone is nothing even remotely like a phone anymore.

Each iPhone is only going to be an incremental step off the previous iPhones back. 20 years from now smartphones might not look like they do today but they will be very similar to iPhone 15 years from now.

17. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed!!!!!

With each rumor the specs and capabilities becomes less and less.

Apples has had 3 years to work on this Birthday edition

18. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

If there aren't any updates then no one will purchase the new phone and since the phone is Apple's biggest money maker there is no way that they will go a year without updates. Whether you consider them significant enough to buy is your decision but there is no way that there won't be updates.

19. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

Quite right. Apple know their business, and they'll keep the product cycle going.