No new shipments anywhere.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayjew, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

there have been no shipments of new 7 plus's to any of the stores in the US when last week they were everywhere. What's going on? When will there be more?

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Probably being allocated to other countries or to pre-orders. The only people who know are at Apple and they don't post on here afaik.

3. Jayjew thread starter macrumors 6502

Jayjew

As far as I can see on iStockNow the whole world isn't.

4. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Maybe the Plus has some defect they secretly try to fix without some PR disaster?

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

There have been shipments. Of course varies by color and carrier. Black across the board has been limited though.

6. kerrikins macrumors 65816

What I mean is they're likely being allocated to orders in other countries. Not being in stores doesn't mean none are being shipped.

7. robkat macrumors member

robkat

Just about impossible to get 7Plus in store in the UK.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Not to mention other countries where Apple updates their shipping weekly. Each week, a country is added to their shipping queue, which impacts stock.

9. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

i think most of the shipments have been going to best buy and target as well as carriers.
    no shipments to stores.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

But those numbers are extremely limited for Target and Best Buy. Carriers will likely see larger quantities.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've seen a few Plus's on istocknow over the past few weeks. Tons of regular 7's everywhere though.

12. Camato macrumors member

Waiting for my iPhone 7 plus to arrive here in Germany. I am observing some german forums, for example vodafone. Only a few people there were able to get their iPhone until today, even if they preordered their phones.
    I also preordered and the estimated time is October 27.

13. x34 macrumors 6502

germany here... ordered on day one and got it on sept 23.

14. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

not really- you can do next day shipping on a jet black at best buy
    you've never been able to do that at a carrier or even apple

15. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Ain't that the truth. I've got my order in with Apple, but I keep an eye on my local store, they get the odd few in but you need to be damn quick to get one.

16. aaplwatch macrumors member

according to an article out there on the interwebs, starting October 8 you're supposed to be able to walk in and magically walk out with the phone of your choice. Skeptical.

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Apple seems to be having supply problems with the watch as well. Hardly any SS models anywhere and don't even get me started on the Ceramics.....none available anywhere in the world.
    I have been an Apple customer for over 10 years and i cant remember supply problems as bad as this. I think they released the phone and watch a week earlier than they anticipated to get the jump on Samsung and that week has completely stuffed their logistics planning for the launch so they are a week behind on orders

18. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I have a 128GB 7 Plus AT&T via Apple upgrade program arriving today. I am returning it because I previously bought the same in silver outright.

Not sure if there is a safe way to sell/transfer to someone but I'd be willing to do it at cost.

19. aaplwatch macrumors member

Is TC good enough of a logistics guru to divert product from the SE seaboard to other parts of the country?

And why so many 7s? So few +? They really screwed up the mix if this wasn't due to larger display shortages.

20. Brett.F macrumors member

I think they are holding off their supply to make true their promise of availability on Oct 8

21. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

I read this too. While I sincerely hope it's true, based on where stock is the day before, it sounds like hogwash.

22. aaplwatch macrumors member

More like malarkey.

23. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

If it is true, the mass online order cancellation/rants and raves will be epic.

24. bluespark macrumors 65816

I've heard this Oct. 8 thing as well, though possibly just by operation of the echo chamber. Guess we'll find out shortly -- fingers crossed.

25. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Best Buy iPhone 7 Jet Black stock is far more limited than a carrier. They will even admit that.