Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Could't find it through search. (Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I have been travelling for 5 weeks, so might of missed it)

When your on a thread and you have read the page you now have to scroll back up to the top in order to click next. Where has the next page gone from the bottom of the page?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
It's still there for me....

That screen shot was from page 5 of 6 on the 'Apple Legal Reportedly Hinders Reporter's Investigation of iPods Catching Fire' main article page.

I scroll down to the bottom and there is no way of getting to the next page.

Attachments

• screenie.JPG
    screenie.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 84

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Is it happening to anyone apart from me on my crappy Dell laptop at work?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Not there for me. I thought it was random though or I was seeing things.

Its on every page I visit. Its very annoying reading a thread and then having to scroll all the way to the top to go to the next.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
IM using Internet Explorer 7. It has a version number of 7.0.5730.13 if that any help???

O yeah and thanks!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I'm not terribly familiar with IE but you might also make sure you don't have any plugins that are altering the page. It looks like the page is just being cut off after the ad. It might have something to do with the google toolbar and the settings.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Just to let you know it only happens on my Dell laptop, now Im back on my mac it works fine.

I blame Microsoft :p

Eanair

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
Just to add my two cents, when I'm on my HP at work using IE, I also can't see a "next page" link. I have to scroll to the top of the page to click the next page link that only appears at the top.

When I'm back home on my Mac, it's fine.

You're not alone.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I too get this while using Internet Explorer (although it's IE8 for me, not 6). It's a pain, but then again I only have to use Windows at work so, technically, I should be working instead of being on here :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
FWIW, I just tried this out in Internet Explorer, 8.0.6001.18702 in Win XP/SP3, and I don't seem to have this issue (nor do I have it in FF 3.5.1). It seems like (at least for the user with the screenshot), the entire row (iframe?) containing the bottom "reply" button and the page bar -- all this stuff (shot is from IE8):

20090729-postreply.jpg

Are you using any kind of IE ad blocking or content filtering? Although, erm, I'm not sure why it would be blocked on the bottom and not the top.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
FWIW, I just tried this out in Internet Explorer, 8.0.6001.18702 in Win XP/SP3, and I don't seem to have this issue (nor do I have it in FF 3.5.1). It seems like (at least for the user with the screenshot), the entire row (iframe?) containing the bottom "reply" button and the page bar -- all this stuff (shot is from IE8):

20090729-postreply.jpg

Are you using any kind of IE ad blocking or content filtering? Although, erm, I'm not sure why it would be blocked on the bottom and not the top.

I did have the google toolbar installed, I uninstalled it and it was exactly the same. It was still missing the next page links.

I have just put firefox on my work PC and it works fine now, must be to do with IE somehow.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hm that certainly is strange, never seen it on FF on Mac.

Although I was just about to post saying 'OMG me too!' but then realised this is only a 1 page thread....doh. :p

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
hey guess what, I got it on this thread :)

and yes it is possible because you do not see anything below the ad at the bottom and you should see posting rules, forum jump and other links. I had another thread load just fine at the same time. I saved the files if the mods want to see them.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
hey guess what, I got it on this thread :)

and yes it is possible because you do not see anything below the ad at the bottom and you should see posting rules, forum jump and other links. I had another thread load just fine at the same time. I saved the files if the mods want to see them.

Post a screen shot along with the version of IE, please. So basically, it seems that it happens on all versions of IE 6-8, but only intermittently? Maybe one of the ads is the culprit?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
My money is on the ad, as it doesn't always do it on IE. It only seems to happen to me when I had the google/ royal mail ad as on my scree shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.