Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Post a screen shot along with the version of IE, please. So basically, it seems that it happens on all versions of IE 6-8, but only intermittently? Maybe one of the ads is the culprit?

got it again with this thread but on a work pc, the "Speck" ad is displaying, I have a screen shot of this. Interestingly enough, when in the reply mode the layout is correct as no add shows at the bottom of the page.

And on further comparison as after reloading I got the ironkey ad, it appears that the table/section that the ads show in doesn't display correctly as the shaded box area is shorter in height, on a bad page the shaded area stops immediately below the ad, on a good page you have the shaded section going about 5mm or more below the ad.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
It happens to me on IE6 at work sometimes.

Weirdest part is that it used to happen when I had a demi membership too, so I wasn't seeing any ads.

(Makes note to renew demi membership anyway).

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
It just happened AGAIN to me.

I think it's our internet connections not fully loading the pages.

Like, we have a connection, but for a second it drops out.

There was no ad on the top this time, and the status bar of Firefox said "Loading forums.macrumors.com" or something like that.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Screenshot of the issue I had, using IE7 on WinXP Sp2.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.