No one cares about iPads on Craigslist

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

In the northeast Craigslist ads for used iPads and the new iPad are now going unpurchased. Seems the mad rush is over. They are just stacked up. I lowered my mint ipad2 3G Verizon to $400 with remaining warranty and case. Nada. No bites.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

I never knew craigslist had something showing when items are sold.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

lol here in San Diego, every store seems to be sold out of the new iPads!!

Hope we get more!

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I let my Black iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G (AT&T)--in brand new condition--go for $350. Definitely an iBuyer's market right now on this side of town.

5. batotman macrumors 6502

Oh, if only I had such luck! I'd have snatched that!

Instead, people have ipad 1's listed for $400-500. Ipad 2 16GB with otterbox for $520.

It's pretty bad.

6. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I would take that in a heartbeat. You cold easily sell that for $450 or more in my area. That is the price of iPad 2 wifi here.

7. tekchic, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I sold my 64gb ATT 3G/wifi white iPad 2 for $500 yesterday. What's funny is last year about the same time I sold my 32gb 3G Black iPad for $550. The prices have definitely gone down a bit. I posted my ad on a Wednesday morning and had a buyer by that night. Sold on Thursday. Got a few stupid low offers that I just ignored.

I'm happy though, it was more than halfway to my iPad 3, so that helps make less of a dent in the wallet. Now to spring for AppleCare+ this weekend. :)

8. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

9. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

Sold my black 64GB AT&T iPad 2 for $500 the other day. Really hurts the wallet but the longer you wait, the worse it gets.

10. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Same up here in Sacramento.

11. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

I sold my 16gb 3G with a poly Smart Cover for $375 last night, here on Long Island. I got a bunch of really low offers but I simply said no and stuck with what I wanted. It took me less than a week. I had time to wait since I already have my new iPad.

12. dtlee1974 macrumors regular

Yeah, they're a little soft from last year. I just sold my 64gb Verizon 3 iPad 2 to a buddy for $500. I could probably have gotten $550 from CL if I played hardball, but then I'd have to deal with all the jack wagons on CL. For some reason any time I sell something there I get 10 emails wanting to trade me some stupid crap that I don't need for whatever it is I'm selling. Definitely worth $50 to sell to a friend whose check won't bounce, etc.

13. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Hmmm...just went into a Best Buy in North County and they had literally dozens of them.

14. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I hate that, I also hate when you do a deal and the person brings not enough money. Like I sold my Hp touchpad sometime last year and the guy showed up with $10 less to try and low ball. I hate it when you agree on a price and than people do that.

15. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

what??? which one?
    Mmm I was looking for the 32 GB wifi one.. that must be the one completely OOS :(

16. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Oh wow, sure wish the market over here was the same as where you guy's lived.

17. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Selling on Craigslist is SO annoying, I'd say 90% of the replies are scammers, spammers, and lowballers. But I threw my mint 32GB iPad 2 in white on yesterday anyway. I asked very politely in the ad to leave phone numbers as my ONLY reply method and next paragraph told the scammers/spammers/lowballers to save it. To my surprise within two hours I got two phone numbers just straight up said they'll buy it. Met with one of them an hour later and done. $415 with a Yoobao case. The quickest and most painless Craigslist sale I've had.

I was trying see if I can pickup an iPad 1 16GB for the mother in law for closer to $200. Sent two inquiries, one for $200 another for $250, both were spammers. All legit ones still want $300 which is very unreasonable at this point.

18. batotman macrumors 6502

I don't think they're actually getting it. I'm guessing they either give up and eBay it (for less) or trade it for a 2002 HP computer and a pair of used subwoofers.

19. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Dense by

No offense but iPad 1s are going for around $150 - $180 around my area atm. iPad 2 16gbs for around $300-350.

----------

Essentially, my area mirrors the Amazon prices on the used marketplace.

20. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Oh no I'm not offended, that's what they should be. A new iPad 2 16GB is $360 at Microcenter. I am offended by the crazy asking prices around here.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Although the prices and demand of used iPads have declined somewhat, it's a very good sign. It means that more and more people are taking advantage of the price reduction, and buying new iPad 2 models.

Since they come directly from Apple or an Apple reseller, Apple benefits and so do we. The more profit Apple generates, the more the stock climbs. The more the stock climbs, the more money I as a shareholder make... see how terrific that is... :)

22. UnusedLoginID macrumors member

Craigslist sale tips

I just sold a MacBook Air doing the same thing. I ask for phone number and location. If I see a local phone number, I call. If the customer has an out-of-area phone number and they write their location and it's local, I call. Everything else, I ignore. Of course I always add the statement "Local Sale only, no Shipping, Cash only in $20 bills". I got three serious buyers for my MacBook Air in about 6 hours, it was sold the same day. Of course it doesn't hurt to be priced below the competition :)

23. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Wow! That's a great deal! I just sold my black iPad 2 32 GB wifi only for $450 with front and back invisible shield.

24. NTeggerdine macrumors member

I updated my ad every morning to keep it at the top of the ad list and after 4 days (and several thugs from Nigeria trying to get me to send out the iPad because they said they sent the money order) I got about 5 good hits and sold my iPad 2 with 2 smart covered and a keyboard for $575

25. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

I only got one email from my iPad 2. It's a 16GB 3G model and I was asking 400 for it, but no one bit except one flake. Sigh, I guess I'll lower the price by $50 and try again.