No one likes Silver or Gold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CisRey3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. CisRey3 macrumors newbie

I'm reading a lot of excitement for Jet Black and Matte Black, as expected and understood. Why no love for Silver or Gold? ;)

2. mattauchtj macrumors newbie

For me it has less to do with the back of the phone (mine is usually in a case anyway) and more to do with the fact that both of those are the only two colors that come with a black face. I don't care for the white face.

3. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Jet Black and Matte Black are new colors over the old Space Grey so those choosing either are going to chat about it. Those buying the white bezel choices are not likely to start a thread about it.I'm undecided, I may go for silver/white, or I may go for matte black. Not sure yet.

4. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I just want a black front. I could careless what the back of the phone is colored. I will probably get a dbrand skin and make it whatever color I want.

5. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah most people like the black face. I am still torn between the black and gold myself.....I need to finalize my choice soon.

6. Domen151 macrumors regular

Well silver iPhones are still my favorite :) Everyone is excited about new black colors because the last truly black iPhone was iPhone 5 in 2012, so silver and gold are a bit stale I guess. And Apple uses jet black in their ads because it makes them look fresh, even though the design is the same as on 6 and 6s.

7. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

I'm gonna get the silver one. Just love that plain aluminium look!

8. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I will be getting silver. I hate...HATE...HATE black phones.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's the same look as the last two phones. I've had them both. I've just about always gotten the silver/white model. This year I'll be going black.

10. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

What Apple should have done was give the white face model the white back treatment. We would have had a Storm trooper and Darth Vadar combo going on. Actually those should have been the only 2 colors until they figure out how to revamp the Gold and Rose Gold colors. The white face models look so boring now.

11. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

I've always ordered the Space Gray. I contemplated ordering Silver or Gold this time but can't get myself to liking the front white bezel.

12. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

You would have liked my Storm Trooper white idea, white on both the front and back.

13. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Black=boring.

Silver and gold are the best remaining color options.

14. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

I've never really read a breakdown with sales for the previous space grey vs the other 3 colors. Obviously enough people have demanded the gold/rose/silver options to keep 3 white bezel options in their lineup for this time around.

15. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I really don't care about the back. I always have some type of navy blue (favorite color) case on my phone. I feel that the black bezel draws from the brightness of the phone display. I use a lot of productivity apps that have a white/light/bright background (think mail, evernote, office, notes/list ect). A white bezel makes everything stand out more. When I had a black bezel phone I always found myself trying to crank up the brightness because everything was so "dark". With that said... I strongly dislike white bezels on iPads because I use the iPad for moves, videos, and games. I want everything around the display to be dark when doing that activities. This may sound weird or don't make sense at all, but thats how I prefer my bezels - white on Phones and black on iPads.

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Novelty? Silver and gold have been around a while now. I remember back in the iPhone 4 days, when everyone had black iPhones, people were obsessively drooling over the mythical white iPhone..

17. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

This is the first time in a while that those of us who prefer the black bezels have choice! So there is more excitement for Black and Jet Black.

18. comptr macrumors 65816

Well personally for me I usually buy the silver or gold iPhones and iPads but this time I really really like the look of the Jet Black, So this time I wanted to choose a different color.

19. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I have always had silver phones and before that the white phones. I just love them

20. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

Same as me. Last phone I got was gold - got it to match my macbook and my iPad. I still like the gold, but the black looks so svelte

21. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

I was tired of black iOS devices so I got a Silver 5S a few years ago, and I loved it. Now I'm back on a Space Gray SE, not because I don't like Silver but because my carrier (Koodo) doesn't offer the silver SE. I prefer the overall look of the silver phone and white face but now that I'm back on a black phone I have to admit the bezels are easier on the eyes when viewing the screen for long periods of time.

22. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I'm ordering silver simply because it won't be as popular and therefore less likely to backorder as early. Most cover it up with a case anyway so the color is not all that important. I have a gold one now.

23. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I had black iPhones from the 3G up to the 5. From the 5 on, Apple **** the bed when it came to black phones and from the 5S to the my current 6S Plus, it's been silver/white. I love the color but now that Apple has clearly gotten the color black right, I will be getting the matte black for a change.

24. Cricketman macrumors regular

I'm debating between silver or gold. Every iPhone I have had has been black or black variant. Time for a change

25. davidgolfer macrumors regular

Wife wants rose gold, son wants gold, think I'm getting the Black