Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuno1959

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
Hi guys

I have a 2015 iMac 27", lent it to a friend and... he partitioned my HD, it became full slowing down the computer no end ( that plus an array of folders scattered all over, etc, etc... ) so i tried to re-install High Sierra which i think is the OS it came with.

I shut down the computer and re started it in recovery mode - shift-alt - cmd & r keys pressed... - selected disk utility, erased the disks Macintosh HD ( 125Gb..) and the partition Disk 2 ( 1Tb point something..) assuming this would erase the partitions and present the drive as a single unit for lack of a better word..

4 attempts later i'm not any closer to managing to re-install anything.
After searching online for an answer, i tried on a friend's 2017 iMac 27" running Ventura 13.6.1 to make a bootable usb drive but it wouldn't allow me to download the OS from the appstore.

I've spent already a cvouple of days gathering info on this and trying but, to no avail.
Is my only solution to take it to an Apple tech centre to have them re-install the original OS & updates ?
Or does anyone here know how i can get out of this conundrum ?
I would REALLY appreciate it if you did

Many thanks in advance

Nuno

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
You had a Fusion Drive which has been split into two drives. If you want to make it a Fusion Drive again, follow these instructions -

Reactions: nuno1959

nuno1959

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
You had a Fusion Drive which has been split into two drives. If you want to make it a Fusion Drive again, follow these instructions -
Thank you so much, i'll look into it asap ! It's been driving me nuts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.