No service after turning off airplane mode (iPhone 6S)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RipNoCellular, Jun 5, 2018.

1. RipNoCellular macrumors newbie

So I woke up one morning and noticed that when I turned off airplane mode I couldn't get any signal.
    I literally tried everything from resetting everything, setting up as a new phone etc...
    I went to apple with it and they couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware. They also did a couple restores in the store themselves without a solution. They told me that for 350 euro they could give me another 6S. I refused this because this phone is 3 months old. (This one is a replacement already for my previous one that had motherboard issues, at that point I was 9 days past my warranty so they couldn't help me anymore unless I paid for it.)

I really hope someone here got a solution, I tried everything I can possibly think off but nothing seems to work. I'm kind of desperate at the moment.

Many thanks in advance.

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Shouldn't this replacement still be under warranty then and they should be able to replace it that way?

3. RipNoCellular thread starter macrumors newbie

No this happened 9 days after the warranty expired on the replacement device. Which makes this all the more painful

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

So the previous replacement was 9 days past the warranty and this one is 9 days past the warranty too?

5. RipNoCellular thread starter macrumors newbie

No the previous replacement was 3 months before warranty expired. They gave me a new one ( the one that I have at the moment) with a 3 month warranty. 9 days after this warranty expired the issue with cellular started.

Sorry if it's confusing, english ain't my main language :/

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Got it. Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate. Maybe you can talk to a manager at a local store or contact Apple directly to see what they can do and if some exception can be made in relation to being 9 days over given the nature of the issue where it doesn't appear that it could have been your fault?

7. RipNoCellular thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was hoping for their goodwill but seems like they won't go for it, while understandable since i'm over warranty it still sucks for me