Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
I am using Apple TV 4k for streaming. I have been experiencing an annoying problem with the device. When I select something to watch my LG TV would show briefly "no signal" message. If I use the TV for streaming that is not happening. Any idea how to fix it? I did run Check HDMI connection. It is taking time to complete, but it completes successfully.

Thanks

Last edited:

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
I would try another HDMI cable even if the cable seems fine.

Is the Apple TV connected through receiver or directly to the TV?
Through receiver. Connected directly to the TV works fine. Any idea what to do on receiver? I have Denon 2600.

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
I tried same cable that is between Apple TV and Denon to connect Apple TV directly to TV. That worked fine, will try now to change the one between Denon and TV. Are there any settings on receivers to manage this problem?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I tried same cable that is between Apple TV and Denon to connect Apple TV directly to TV. That worked fine, will try now to change the one between Denon and TV. Are there any settings on receivers to manage this problem?
Don't think there would be any settings unless there is an option to enable video passthrough so the Denon doesn't process the video signal or perhaps to enable deep colour?

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
Don't think there would be any settings unless there is an option to enable video passthrough so the Denon doesn't process the video signal or perhaps to enable deep colour?
I think I saw something like pass-through. What is deep color?

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
I checked the receiver. There is a pass through service when the receiver is in standby mode, but when it's actually is in use.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes, exactly. One problem - no OSD from receiver.
Was there something you need to see when watching a show? I used my ATV like this for a while and didn't miss not having a full OSD. Even though I was using ARC, I could still bring up my receiver's full menu. My Anthem receiver has a fairly basic menu though because the sound settings are done using a PC or Mac.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I am using Apple TV 4k for streaming. I have been experiencing an annoying problem with the device. When I select something to watch my LG TV would show briefly "no signal" message. If I use the TV for streaming that is not happening. Any idea how to fix it? I did run Check HDMI connection. It is taking time to complete, but it completes successfully.

Thanks
https://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-tvs-forum.91/
or/and

you should just need to hook all to the tv and arc should go into the receiver's arc.

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
Last edited:

Jus711

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
I had this problem last night watching the latest episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney Plus, I have an LG E7 and a Sony avr, I think it’s a handshake issue with Dolby Vision content, anyway I switched the  tv settings and switched it from Dolby Vision to 4k SDR and match content and frame rate, that fixed it, Dolby vision still works fine but just kicks on with the content that has it and then switches back

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
Yes, if I switch from Dolby Vision to something else and turn Match Frame Rate off then I dnt have his problem anymore. So, for happens to Dolby Vision content?

Jus711

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
Yes, if I switch from Dolby Vision to something else and turn Match Frame Rate off then I dnt have his problem anymore. So, for happens to Dolby Vision content?
Dolby Vision will still work with it set at SDR and match content, it just won’t be on all the time like it is with the other setting, which is arguably better anyway since all the  tv is doing is faking DV with non DV content when it’s set to always on.

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
I had to turn both Match dynamic content and Match frame rate off to make it work. Will that affect DV?

Jus711

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
I had to turn both Match dynamic content and Match frame rate off to make it work. Will that affect DV?
No those should both be on, just have it set to SDR for resolution, if it’s not working then it could be the HDMI cable or some setting on the receiver or tv, you have to make sure the ports are set to enhanced mode or whatever for those devices

Last edited:

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
But does it matter if I keep content and frame settings off? Does it affect anything?

Zolotoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2021
It always worked that way. I tried the same cable directly connecting to TV and it worked with no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.