NO SIM after sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewtothisMac, Jun 19, 2011.

1. NewtothisMac macrumors newbie

HEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP!!! Thanks in advance to all your answers! If someone can help me out, I JUST bought (by that I mean a couple of hours) my first pair of Iphone's for me and my wife. Connected mine and did the upgrade, and updated everything from my last back up of my ipod touch. Connected my wife, and somehow I managed to screw it up big freakin' time. Now her Iphone shows on top NO SIM, and it is recognized as and Ipod Touch.

What can I do?
    Thanks again for all your help!

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Restore as a new iPhone and everything should be fine. If not, try restoring from backup and find a fresh iPhone 4.3.3 iOS online.

3. NewtothisMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kyotoma!!!
    I did the Restore and still have the same message No Sim card installed, any other options??

Thanksss

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Take out the SIM card tray, remove SIM from SIM card tray, reseat SIM into SIM card tray, and insert it back into the phone. See what happens.

5. NewtothisMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks wordoflife!!
    It is the second time you help me in this forum!
    I turned off the phone and now seems to be restoring as a new Iphone, at least I see on top the ATT signal bars, with the 3G which is GOOOOOOD. Is there a limit to how many apple products you can sync with one computer? Or it is just my freakin' luck? Thanks again!

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Glad I was able to help ... twice :)
    There's no limit to how many devices you can hook up to one computer. I've hooked up 8 devices to one computer. It manages them separately. For your connivence, just make sure you name the devices differently so you can distinguish between them on the computer. It makes things easier down the road.