No SIM eject tool in my box?

Jukoer3426

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Is it just me or did anyone else buy their iPhone 6/+ and not receive a SIM eject tool. I bought directly from AT&T if that matters. I remember purchasing my 5 from them as well and again didn't come with a SIM eject tool. I know you can use a paperclip, I just find it weird that mine didn't come with one.

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
It has nothing to do with AT&T. Apple stopped shipping the phones with the eject tool starting with the 5.

Jukoer3426

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
It has nothing to do with AT&T. Apple stopped shipping the phones with the eject tool starting with the 5.
Oh okay, weird that I see lots of overseas unboxing videos that do have the sim eject tool 6 and 6+. I guess just not for Americans.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I believe they only ship the unlocked versions with the sim ejection tool now. Carrier locked models no longer ships with them. I can't remember if they ever did.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
They are like 50 cents online, it just use a paper clip. Yea they stopped doing this for usdm phones awhile ago.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Yeah, apple stopped supplying them. I use either a spuger or a tool that won't scratch the finish.

I've not needed access to the SIM so it hasn't really been an issue, which may be why they stopped providing it, i.e., its not needed most of the time.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
The sim eject tool does make it easier if you dont have a paperclip in front of you . Seems cheap to not include one in every iphone

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
When you buy the phones now, they come with a SIM card preinstalled and just activate it when you purchase the phone (assuming most will be new activations). Therefore needing to remove it redundant and no tool needed. Back in the day, the SIM card that came with a phone came unseparated from its larger card and needed to be inserted into the phone, requiring a tool.

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Is it just me or did anyone else buy their iPhone 6/+ and not receive a SIM eject tool. I bought directly from AT&T if that matters. I remember purchasing my 5 from them as well and again didn't come with a SIM eject tool. I know you can use a paperclip, I just find it weird that mine didn't come with one.
None come with SIM eject tool anymore.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
No SIM eject tool in my box?

There wasn't a SIM eject tool in my iPhone box as well, I expected to find one inside but did not :)

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
I also think that is wrong that they not include a sim eject tool like before, I have already make a thread about the sim eject tool and the admins decided to delete it, now you have another thread of the same issue are you going to delete it? I never understand why they delete it, maybe because I type that Apple always offer you less for the same money.

For a company with 100 billion or more in the bank it is unfair not to include the same things as before like the sim eject tool. Why it is important because some people are using the sim from their Android to the Iphone, or they already have an iphone and want to use the old sim.

Can you imagine what is the cost for every sim eject tool for Apple? One user said that the total cost for Apple would be less than $80,000 for millions of iphones.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
I did the T-Mobile test drive to compare to AT&T's network and the phone they sent came with a packet that included the white Apple sticker and SIM eject tool. It was a 64GB model too!

Bkosher84

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I also think that is wrong that they not include a sim eject tool like before, I have already make a thread about the sim eject tool and the admins decided to delete it, now you have another thread of the same issue are you going to delete it? I never understand why they delete it, maybe because I type that Apple always offer you less for the same money.

For a company with 100 billion or more in the bank it is unfair not to include the same things as before like the sim eject tool. Why it is important because some people are using the sim from their Android to the Iphone, or they already have an iphone and want to use the old sim.

Can you imagine what is the cost for every sim eject tool for Apple? One user said that the total cost for Apple would be less than $80,000 for millions of iphones.
That's a lot of complaining over a SIM Ejection Tool..

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
no true, my work upgraded to 5s in Feb and everyone came with one and they are carrier locked so its not even a case of unlocked or carrier
Ok, but you're in Canada, so maybe that is the difference. I can assure you I haven't had a sim tool shipped with any of my iPhones since at least the 5. So at least part true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.